What fan header can I connect my AIO to on my motherboard (ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING)

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
6 minutes ago, tomaskaret91 said:

-SNIP-

Yes you can hookup the AIO pump to the waterpump header, some units will allow for variable speeds where others will require a full 12V to be supplied to the pump. The high amperage fan header can also be used, just check within the BIOs to make sure you can vary the speeds and have control of it or it will just run full speed. 

Hi everyone!

I'm currently building a new system with this motherboard: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X99-GAMING/overview/ and I was wondering which fan header can I connect my AIO to.

I got 5 fans in total which I want to fully control (using a Y-split on 2 pairs), but I will be lacking a header that I can control if I'm not mistaken.

Is it safe to plug my AIO into the "Water pump header" as an example?

Can I connect my last fan to the "High Amp fan header"?

I can't find much information about all the headers that are on the motherboard. :(

And I know I need to run my AIO/pump at 100% at all times.

Thanks for all the tips in advance!

6 minutes ago, tomaskaret91 said:

-SNIP-

Yes you can hookup the AIO pump to the waterpump header, some units will allow for variable speeds where others will require a full 12V to be supplied to the pump. The high amperage fan header can also be used, just check within the BIOs to make sure you can vary the speeds and have control of it or it will just run full speed. 

7 minutes ago, tomaskaret91 said:

-snip-

Yes all fine as you said up there. Just make sure you set the corresponding PWM/DC modes in the BIOS for proper control.