Tell me if your S7/S7 Edge also has this small gap that lets debris inside...

Hi folks. Quick question, does your S7/S7 Edge have a small gap between the aluminium frame and the backglass that allows dust and apparently a small piece of cookie inside but wont let it go all the way through?

Cant believe stupid Samsung has got me with another defective phone, i dont even know if i should duck this thing in water to see if its cleaned... but hey you tell me because my fingernail tip can fit in the gap.

Thanks... and i just took this phone out of my Otterbox Strada case, an Otterbox case! If this phone gets damaged while inside an Otterbox case... holy hell, im for real quitting Samsung for good.

Groomlake Authority

What if your phone actually bakes cookies? That would explain how the cookie piece got in there.

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

6 minutes ago, bruny06 said:

What if your phone actually bakes cookies? That would explain how the cookie piece got in there.

After all, Samsung has a reputation for phones that cook. 

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

5 minutes ago, bruny06 said:

-snip-

Yeah...

Honestly i dunno anymore, all i know is that whatever the heck got in that tiny "valley" between the glass and the side rails, is hurting my eyes and soul.

This is my 4th Sammy flagship for the love of all that is holy.

If i dunk this phone in water, i dunno what will happen.

Groomlake Authority

I can confirm the phone has been 99% of the time since the case arrived, inside the case.

As soon as i get it out, something gets stuck underneath the glass? 

Pixel save my spirit, Pixel save my spirit, Google help my wallet!

Groomlake Authority

10 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Yeah...

Honestly i dunno anymore, all i know is that whatever the heck got in that tiny "valley" between the glass and the side rails, is hurting my eyes and soul.

This is my 4th Sammy flagship for the love of all that is holy.

If i dunk this phone in water, i dunno what will happen.

well, it's probably not water resistant anymore. I'm not sure that it is eligible for a replacement either, but yeah, I feel you, I have an iPhone 6, the flagship from 2014 that bends xD

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

Just now, bruny06 said:

-snip-

Yeah well i gained some balls of steel and went ahead with the phone to the closest water tap and started dipping it in the area where that "cookie or bread or whatever" debri was in.

The phone is still working, surprisingly, but the debri is still stuck... ugh -.-

Groomlake Authority

Well, just because it's still working, doesn't mean it hasn't been affected by water. I've seen many water damaged iPhones that still work (with some side effects, but still working). Some of those "side effects" are phone temperature and battery duration. I think you should take the phone to a Samsung store.

11 minutes ago, bruny06 said:

-snip-

Yeah that is true, but i wanted to add something up.

So rather than just dropping some water on the area where it had that small spec of whatever it was, i gave a royal shower to this phone, used a cottonswab and a toothpick and i was able to remove the spec stuck between the glass back and the aluminium frame.

Now i shall wait for some long term effects, if somethings fishy tomorrow i guess ill have to get it repaired... but, this was an insurance provided phone, from Italy.

The problem is if water damage occurs, they wont help me anyways. Ill just wait and see and hope for the best i guess, because this phone probably wouldnt even have support in Portugal nor does it have an issurance plan on it, but hey last time i sent my N4 to repair (4 times) it came back the same or worse so i guess i would have to do some DIY JerryRigEverything style fix in here...

Groomlake Authority

2 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Yeah that is true, but i wanted to add something up.

So rather than just dropping some water on the area where it had that small spec of whatever it was, i gave a royal shower to this phone, used a cottonswab and a toothpick and i was able to remove the spec stuck between the glass back and the aluminium frame.

Now i shall wait for some long term effects, if somethings fishy tomorrow i guess ill have to get it repaired... but, this was an insurance provided phone, from Italy.

The problem is if water damage occurs, they wont help me anyways. Ill just wait and see and hope for the best i guess, because this phone probably wouldnt even have support in Portugal nor does it have an issurance plan on it, but hey last time i sent my N4 to repair (4 times) it came back the same or worse so i guess i would have to do some DIY JerryRigEverything style fix in here...

Ohhhhh, you're Portuguese as well. That's my boy! xD