When will the mining craze end

Go to solution Solved by KenjiUmino,
2 minutes ago, Some Tall Lad said:

what video card to buy for the time being to later replace.

i don't know when the mining craze will end - maybe it will come crashing down very soon, maybe not for a while ... i'd get a 1050 ti in the meantime and wait it out while you save up ... if the mining craze didin't end before you saved enough for a 1080 then i'd take the 1080 and throw a big middle finger at them miners

I recently finished building my first budget pc with an i5-7500 and i found out i made a big mistake by not ordering a gpu.

Now because of the mining craze i'm stuck with the intel 630 graphics (which are actually pretty decent).

I'm wondering on how long will it last and what prices are gonna resurface.

Also any recommendation on what video card to buy for the time being to later replace.

4 minutes ago, Some Tall Lad said:

I recently finished building my first budget pc with an i5-7500 and i found out i made a big mistake by not ordering a gpu.

Now because of the mining craze i'm stuck with the intel 630 graphics (which are actually pretty decent).

I'm wondering on how long will it last and what prices are gonna resurface.

Also any recommendation on what video card to buy for the time being to later replace.

a 750ti is a solid card and is very cheap

2 minutes ago, Some Tall Lad said:

what video card to buy for the time being to later replace.

i don't know when the mining craze will end - maybe it will come crashing down very soon, maybe not for a while ... i'd get a 1050 ti in the meantime and wait it out while you save up ... if the mining craze didin't end before you saved enough for a 1080 then i'd take the 1080 and throw a big middle finger at them miners

1 minute ago, KenjiUmino said:

Lol thats what i did

ETH and ZEC are sinking pretty fast right now. ETH difficulty is soaring in difficultly because its most popular among noobs. I have already seen a few 1060s going cheap on UK eBay. Also r/gpumining has a lot of panicked people posting right now so expect the cards to flood in soon.

4 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

I would laugh at miners when they buy gpus right before the cryptocurrency starts to fall.

7 minutes ago, Some Tall Lad said:

660€ for an RX 570?!

I say jiggly-bytes when I see "GB".

It goes down better than you would expect.

13 minutes ago, PCNoobie said:

I would laugh at miners when they buy gpus right before the cryptocurrency starts to fall.

They rma them and cost companies to rise prices not really that funny if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, Oryzaki said:

They rma them and cost companies to rise prices not really that funny if you ask me.

It's just a joke and there is always someone who takes it serious...