Amazon Prime Day! Was it good for you?

vanished

How did it go?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How did it go?

• I don't have Amazon Prime
    • I wasn't planning to buy anything and the sale was not able to change that
    • I was expecting to pick up some things on sale but it was crap so I didn't
    • I wasn't planning to buy anything, but I made some impulse purchases because the sale was so good
    • I was planning to pick up some good deals and things went exactly the way I had hoped

I'm curious to see what people thought of it and how effective it was at moving merchandise.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I looked at a few categories like movies and video games but nothing I wanted or didn't already have was on sale.  

Personally I feel like they put so much energy into hyping it up and then there's a small handful of products that actually have a meaningful deal, and if you aren't interested in those couple, there really isn't anything else of interest, with the exception perhaps being various amazonbasics stuff like cables, etc.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

48 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Personally I feel like they put so much energy into hyping it up and then there's a small handful of products that actually have a meaningful deal, and if you aren't interested in those couple, there really isn't anything else of interest, with the exception perhaps being various amazonbasics stuff like cables, etc.

That's how it was last year too. Overall a big disappointment. I guess amazon can't get the price lower on big ticket items. 

I bought a couple Blurays (Rick and Morty season 2, Cat Planet Cuties) but that is about it.

I couldn't think of anything that I really needed/wanted to get or replace so I didn't look too hard.

I got a 2TB SSHD for my laptop, a USB 3 hub and a Kindle Fire 7 (with Special Offers). It was OK, but the deals could have been better, not to mention that I didn't even know about it being Prime Day until Monday.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2