Bandwidth priority on Windows 10

How do you prioritize bandwidth to certain programs/apps on Windows 10? Can you set it within Windows 10 or is there a third party software? 

Thanks 

As far as I know there isn't anything built into windows 10 that would allow for something like that. I'd look around for some third party software. 

However, I do know that you can set up QoS in your router/modem to allow how much bandwidth a client can get on your network, so as to avoid a situation in which one client hogs all of the bandwidth. Not really sure if this is applicable for your situation though, since you seem to want to be able to prioritize the bandwidth within one system and between multiple programs. 

you can use stuff like glasswire to block and visualize stuff eating your bandwidth and block apps that use a lot but i don't get why you would just dont use apps if their bandwidth sucking or disable them when you need to use internet 

3 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

you can use stuff like glasswire to block and visualize stuff eating your bandwidth and block apps that use a lot but i don't get why you would just dont use apps if their bandwidth sucking or disable them when you need to use internet 

Actually no. its the opposite. I want to give priority to work apps like Dropbox, Bloomberg and the like... I mean sure, if I can give priority to one app, I can de-prioritize another too. 

11 minutes ago, jonnyyyl said:

Actually no. its the opposite. I want to give priority to work apps like Dropbox, Bloomberg and the like... I mean sure, if I can give priority to one app, I can de-prioritize another too. 

what do you think this will do? unless you're on a really slow internet speed this won't help and be impractical 

• 3 years later...

Sorry for necro
I have the same Question and this comes up when searching the problem on google
@jonnyyyl did you find a solution?

14 hours ago, Narlindir said:

Sorry for necro
I have the same Question and this comes up when searching the problem on google
@jonnyyyl did you find a solution?

They haven't logged on in a year. Please post your own thread. Locked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv