Any way to delete windows and keep files on a HDD?

Cyberspirit

Hey i installed an SSD as a boot drive and i'd like to remove the old windows from my HDD. Is that possible?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

ummm as far as I know I think the only solution is to manually go through and remove OS specific files while keeping "data" specific files. It'd be nice to know if there some automatic solution.

@ElfFriend Well i really hope that there is a solution because i have a LOT of stuff on that Hard drive and copying everything from that to my backup drive would take a while for sure.

You could probably just go through and delete windows specific stuff (after copying whatever settings you want in your new windows install)

@ElfFriend I can try that i guess but it might be a tedious process.

Finally , this is the day you've been waiting for , You can delete System 32 folder xD

Afaik , You have to manually go through the old "C" drive folders & pick & delete stuff , i would recommend moving necessary files over to another partition & just format the  old system drive & just move the files back in use it as a regular partition.

Details separate people.

3 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

Hey i installed an SSD as a boot drive

ok

and i'd like to remove the old windows from my HDD. Is that possible?

What do you mean by "remove"? 

Are you planning on making it a mass storage device for things like audio, pictures, videos, etc...?

2 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

Are you planning on making it a mass storage device for things like audio, pictures, videos, etc...?

Yes.

Games and just general stuff.

Yes.

Games and just general stuff.

I mean personally that's not the way I would go about doing things but if you must insist, 

I would move all of the files you want to keep to a folder and appropriate sub folders then delete everything other than the files you want to keep on the drive. 

Example: 

Let's say your HDD is assigned the letter B, that would be the B drive. I would go to the B drive in Windows, then make a folder and sub folders, then move everything you want to keep to those folders, then delete everything other than those folders on the drive. 

8 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

All of your personal data and program settings are in C:\Users. Though rarely program settings reside in C:\ProgramData.

You can delete everything but those. However I would imagine your new install will throw a fit about file permissions.

Move all of your data to a USB drive/SSD (If you have enough storgae) format the HDD and place data abck on it.

Sortedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Don't forget to @me / quote me for a reply =]