Just Ordered The Sony a6300

Just wanted to share with you guys that I'm super stoked to upgrade my Canon T3i to the Sony 6300. My camera has been great to me for about 5 years. It's served as a great camera for my old and now new Youtube channel. But I'm taking Youtube more seriously, and planning new channels in the future so I wanted something a little future proof and a little versatile. It was a close call between it and the Panasonic G7. There's some drawbacks, like no flip out screen (serious, why would I even need to tilt it? Could have given us the flip out?), and the SD card slot is on the bottom of both of them which is a super huge pain. But with the ability to connect your phone or tablet over wifi to use as a monitor and remote, and with the size being manageable enough to transfer over USB, I said why not. I was able to get a very good price that made the price difference seem like much less of an issue and I hope this camera will treat me well, but I am sure it will.

Good for you! I just ordered a A6000. I was so close to buy the A6300 or an A7 but I couldn't get my hand on a good condition A7 used and they raised the price of a new one with 300USD here in Sweden just a month back. Reason I went with the old model was that I could spend more money on lenses. There was some tempting things from the A6300 but after strong considerations I came to the conclusion that those most likley wouldn't have improved my images in the same way as good lenses would have. And since I don't do any video the 2x the price was hard to justify for a lot of featurs I wouldn't use or could work around. 

Also got the A6000 for 400Euro brand new so that was quite a good deal. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

1 hour ago, xQubeZx said:

Good for you! I just ordered a A6000. I was so close to buy the A6300 or an A7 but I couldn't get my hand on a good condition A7 used and they raised the price of a new one with 300USD here in Sweden just a month back. Reason I went with the old model was that I could spend more money on lenses. There was some tempting things from the A6300 but after strong considerations I came to the conclusion that those most likley wouldn't have improved my images in the same way as good lenses would have. And since I don't do any video the 2x the price was hard to justify for a lot of featurs I wouldn't use or could work around. 

Also got the A6000 for 400Euro brand new so that was quite a good deal. 

I was able to get an absurdly good deal, and that's the only reason I went this way, on top of having a larger sensor than the G7

I saw a post on sonyalpharunmors that Sony had me some ad marking the a6300 down to $789. Not a bad deal at all. 

I too have been researching DSLR cameras lately for a potential purchase. I looked at the Panasonic G7 and G85, but the auto focus seems to be terrible with these cameras when shooting 4K. The a6300 shoots incredible looking 4K video, has lightning fast auto focus, but the overheating issue is a big concern. Every camera I've looked at within my price range, has a big negative about it. I may end up waiting to see what comes out next year, but I am tired of waiting.

Ampix0, have you shot any 4K video with the a6300? If so, do you have any to share? Also, have you had any issues with overheating?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Crosseyed Sniper said:

I too have been researching DSLR cameras lately for a potential purchase. I looked at the Panasonic G7 and G85, but the auto focus seems to be terrible with these cameras when shooting 4K. The a6300 shoots incredible looking 4K video, has lightning fast auto focus, but the overheating issue is a big concern. Every camera I've looked at within my price range, has a big negative about it. I may end up waiting to see what comes out next year, but I am tired of waiting.

Ampix0, have you shot any 4K video with the a6300? If so, do you have any to share? Also, have you had any issues with overheating?

Thanks!

So I have the a6300 and have shot 4K on it in south Florida and have had no issues. I will also add that they just had an update for the camera I believe 3 weeks ago or maybe a little more updating the firmware to solve overheating issues people had and I believe to allow the operator to override the warning. It's a fantastic little camera and well worth the money imo. The 4K looks great and combined with the 18-105 you get some smooth shots when you need to zoom in. The 10-18 also gives some great results to.

From my understanding, overheating is more of a problem if you shoot video in really hot weather/direct sunlight.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking