not so ghetto ghetto shield

Sewyboowy

HI, i watched the video on the moga power series controller and the video on the ghetto shield. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a phone connected to the controller, whilst the phone sends the controls to a pc, and then the pc streams sound and video back to the phone. Slick mentioned about a different splashtop that also sent the controls to the pc, but i couldn't find it online.

However, i can't use the routers wifi network as i am at school and the routers block streaming from device to device, so i was wondering if i could make a wifi on my pc and then connect the phone to that and stream through the pc created wifi. Surely this would decrease the latency?

Basicly the idea is to make a not quite so ghetto, ghetto shield, using one of the moga controllers.

Another thought, i talked to nvidia on their live chat. You cannot connect the shield to a pc created wifi and then stream over that, instead of going through a router. Why? Surely this would decrease the latency?

Thanks for any answers!

The only problem with the ghetto shield is that you can't use the encoder on Kepler GPU in most cases (so massive latency problem), the only way to do that is with hack AFAIK.

And I don't see why you couldn't use a wireless card to make the link with the computer.