Speaker help

dylants
Go to solution Solved by cyanit,

i think the YU3 have a built in amp, so a 3,5mm audio splitter should do the job just fine. via 3.5mm

I need to connect multiple speakers to the same output. They can all connect via optical, 3.5mm, 6.3mm, or rca. What device can I use that takes an output and turns it into multiple of the same output. I don't want to make a surround sound setup. For example, turning one optical output into two or more outputs that are identical to the original.

I need either a link to a device that will do this for me or the name of this device so I can search some up for myself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UGREEN-3-5mm-Stereo-jack-Auxiliary-Audio-Y-Splitter-Extension-Cable-for-Speaker-/132151627606?epid=1740469293&hash=item1ec4d9cf56:g:Cq4AAOSwTM5Y549u

Never seen a optical splitter, but all the electrical ones can easily be splitted, but remember that the signal looses strength every time you splitt it, and if you do it to much you could in worst case overdraw the source and break the output.

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

Just now, AndersT2 said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UGREEN-3-5mm-Stereo-jack-Auxiliary-Audio-Y-Splitter-Extension-Cable-for-Speaker-/132151627606?epid=1740469293&hash=item1ec4d9cf56:g:Cq4AAOSwTM5Y549u

Never seen a optical splitter, but all the electrical ones can easily be splitted, but remember that the signal looses strength every time you splitt it, and if you do it to much you could in worst case overdraw the source and break the output.

Do you think that will sacrifice any sound quality?

i think the YU3 have a built in amp, so a 3,5mm audio splitter should do the job just fine. via 3.5mm

CPU Intel Core i5 4670, 3.4GHz Motherboard ASRock Z97 Pro4 RAM Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB, 1833Hz GPU AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB OC Case BeQuiet Silent Base 800 Storage Seagate ST2000DX001 SSDH  PSU BeQuiet PurePower L8, 400W Display(s) Samsung 2 x 22" Cooling BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 Operating System Windows 10

Just now, dylants said:

well, ive got a audio splitter to split my onboard sound into headphone output and speaker output, and the speaker output goes about 5meters via a cheap extension cable to my amp. And everything sounds fine.

what I'm trying to say is that you probably won't notice the difference.

CPU Intel Core i5 4670, 3.4GHz Motherboard ASRock Z97 Pro4 RAM Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB, 1833Hz GPU AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB OC Case BeQuiet Silent Base 800 Storage Seagate ST2000DX001 SSDH  PSU BeQuiet PurePower L8, 400W Display(s) Samsung 2 x 22" Cooling BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 Operating System Windows 10

3 hours ago, dylants said:

Not quality, but volume will be half for every split. Usually this is countered by using amplifiers. Depending on what use this is for, you might need to look for real amp.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv