The Avenging Dragon (First Build)

ChillKyle

Looks great, but clean off some of the fingerprints on the front.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Not to put your build down but Logitech Z623 speakers are far from audiophile quality. If you're looking at real audiophile grade speakers you need to at least buy yourself some bookshelfs and get an amp. AudioEngine 5+ are pretty good powered speakers. Everything looks great though!

^ This. You could get a pair of Roth Audio OLi20 bookshelfs for around £100 GBP.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

• 2 weeks later...

Audiophile

HT OMEGA Clario Halo Sound Card

3390182310_f86c82cb95.jpg

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Very nice bro. But holy crap get those finger prints off of it. They're literally all over, including the back of the mobo lol. Wash your hands before working on that thing! Otherwise, great build bud :)

Even to upgrade from Logitech Z623 to those? I'm not sure about that. But thanks for compliment.

I think you might hold logitech to a higher audio standard than what they actually are.  They are decent speakers but there are definitely MUCH higher quality speakers out there. Check out some reviews/stats on some of the speakers mentioned in this thread.

Very nice bro. But holy crap get those finger prints off of it. They're literally all over, including the back of the mobo lol. Wash your hands before working on that thing! Otherwise, great build bud :)

Thank you.

looks good,.. might need a bit more Cable managment and som fingerprint remover hehe xD =D

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

• 3 weeks later...

It can be expensive but you just gotta stop listening to what other people say about how something sounds and try it yourself. I wish I had more room.on my desk because Id be getting some Swan speakers. they're pretty good bookshelves considering theyre powered and around $500.

DSCN1515.JPG

I spy in the lower right corner a single Swan M200MKII. This is a shot from my build Project Medusa http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/94770-project-medusa-complete/

you are right though these speakers are great for the money I paid around 250 CAD. I need a stand for the right speaker now that I have my PC on my desk. I used to have the tower on the floor. I'd like to get an external amp/DAC and a set of KEF LS50's some day but for now the Swans are pretty dang good.

DSCN1515.JPG

I spy in the lower right corner a single Swan M200MKII. This is a shot from my build Project Medusa http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/94770-project-medusa-complete/

you are right though these speakers are great for the money I paid around 250 CAD. I need a stand for the right speaker now that I have my PC on my desk. I used to have the tower on the floor. I'd like to get an external amp/DAC and a set of KEF LS50's some day but for now the Swans are pretty dang good.

When I can, I'll probably get a HT | OMEGA Claro Halo as a sound card when I can. Love my speakers a lot. Best bang for buck you can get.

Looks really good for your first build! A little more cable management couldn't hurt!

DSCN1515.JPG

Glad that you like them! I'll check out your build topic but I like it already. :D And yeah, I just decided on just getting some cans for desktop and some AudioEngine A5+ for music on a XBMC box I'm going to be building.

Glad that you like them! I'll check out your build topic but I like it already. :D And yeah, I just decided on just getting some cans for desktop and some AudioEngine A5+ for music on a XBMC box I'm going to be building.

The A5+ should be pretty good and the price shouldn't break the bank, the LS50's on the other hand.  :( $$$$ What cans did you decide on? (pm me if you like)

The A5+ should be pretty good and the price shouldn't break the bank, the LS50's on the other hand.  :( $$$$ What cans did you decide on? (pm me if you like)

I decided on the HD 600s and the VModa M100's. I have different musical tastes so one set is better than the other for certain types.  And yeah, I'd love to have monitors. I would get the Yamaha HS08's myself if I had the money but they're $400 each and they need a sub.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, i am planning the same exact build. Can you tell me your fps in tomb raider with tress fx off @ 1080p with no AA, is it constant 60?

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, GFX: Asus GTX 970 Strix, MOBO: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING, RAM: DDR4 GSkill Ripjaw 4 (4GBx2 @ 3000mhz), SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120gb, HDD: Hitachi 500gb, PSU: Corsair CX 430w, DISPLAY: Acer GD245HQ, CASE: NZXT S340 white, MOUSE: Logitech MX 518, KEYBOARD: TVS-E USB Mechanical  

Hey, i am planning the same exact build. Can you tell me your fps in tomb raider with tress fx off @ 1080p with no AA, is it constant 60?

Sure I'll do a bechmark for you

Sure I'll do a bechmark for you

Thanks.  :) Just wanted to make sure what the build is capable of before buying. I am getting the same CPU, GPU and MOBO.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, GFX: Asus GTX 970 Strix, MOBO: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING, RAM: DDR4 GSkill Ripjaw 4 (4GBx2 @ 3000mhz), SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120gb, HDD: Hitachi 500gb, PSU: Corsair CX 430w, DISPLAY: Acer GD245HQ, CASE: NZXT S340 white, MOUSE: Logitech MX 518, KEYBOARD: TVS-E USB Mechanical  

Thanks.  :) Just wanted to make sure what the build is capable of before buying. I am getting the same CPU, GPU and MOBO.

Oh right on! What about your cooler and case?

Going to be a while since I only have a cracked game. Going to get the official game in a week or so.

Oh right on! What about your cooler and case?

Cooler will be stock, and the case is cheapo coolermaster elite 335, already on a tight budget.

Going to be a while since I only have a cracked game. Going to get the official game in a week or so.

Okay. How is 4670k + gtx760 going so far for you? Any problem in games?

Okay. How is 4670k + gtx760 going so far for you? Any problem in games?

No actually. Its quite awesome. I'm running all my games maxed out settings at 1080p.