Will a new GPU run my 3 monitors? (currently have 980Ti)

Hey guys, thanks for having a look, so TLDR I run 2 monitors (1 at 144hz and 1440, and the other 60hz and 1080) additionally, I previously had my PC plugged into my TV (60hz 1080) which I often use for netflix/youtube. I got a new TV (4k) and now my windows theme is changed to basic as soon as I plug in the 4k TV and I can't seem to change it back.

More detail: If I have just my good monitor plugged in and reboot, windows launches normally, no basic. If I then plug a second monitor in (doesn't seem to matter whether it's the TV or the monitor) it remains standard, but as soon as I plug in the remaining device, my PC has a hissy and changes to basic, additionally, it doesn't feel as smooth, dragging windows across my desktop leave a solitaire trail etc.

My PC: Nvidia 980Ti, 16GB Ram, i7 6700k, 240SSD, W7 home premium N (legit)

1440p monitor plugged in via Display port
1080p monitor plugged in via DVI
TV plugged in via HDMI

What I've tried:

-Restarting services of desktop and themes, letting windows try to repair aero affects, updating graphics drivers, have changed the performance options to be custom with everything ticked.
-Hooking a 1070 up to my rig (instead of the 980Ti)
-Tried different cables, different ports etc
-Contacted Nvidia where I was told that the 980Ti can indeed run all 3 monitors

I'm wondering if there's any way to confirm that it is my GPU, I'm willing to buy a 1080Ti if I know 100% that it will fix the issue.

Thanks in advance guys!

Have you got any clue what it could be then?

I just assumed since it was running 2 powerful monitors (144hz 1440 + 4k) and a standard 1080 it would be too much for the GPU.

But Nvidia support seem to think that it should be fine aswell.

I've done a full uninstall of display drivers, and reinstalled the latest, and still no good.

If you have Windows 8.1 or windows 10 laying around that you can test, I would check that the issue isn't with windows 7. I have seen this issue in the past with AMD and nVidia cards with multi monitor setups of different resolutions. There seems to have always been an issue with Aero and mixed resolutions in windows 7 that pops up randomly across different GPU's over the years. I have never seen a hard and fast rule that causes it beyond mixing resolutions on "SOME" GPU's .

One more thing you can try... This would be a waste on a 4k monitor but bring its resolution down to 1920x1080 so that all the screens share the same resolutions and see if Aero stops freaking out. 

Beyond that I am sorry I don't have any better advise.

Current Build - please no laughing!  Always looking for a comfortable replacement to my old Merc stealth and Steelseries Glass mousepad. 

• CPU:                I7 4770-K 3.5GHz Running @ 3.9GHz
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87 V1.0
  • RAM:               HyperX Fury (2 x 8GB) DDR 3 1866
  • GPU:                Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
  • Case:               Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
  • Storage:          1 x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
  • PSU:                SILVERSTONE ZM1200M 1200W ATX
  • Display(s):      1 x Phillips BDL4645E 47" , 2 X Hanns-G Hi221 22"
  • Cooling:          Corsair H100i 240mm AiO Water Cooler
  • Keyboard:       Steelseries APEX (Raw)  + G13 Keypad 
  • Mouse:            Logitech Proteus Core G502
  • Sound:            Sony 7.1 Home Theater System

System Built in May of 2014 - Silverstone PSU  and Hanns-G Monitors are from my Feb. 2009 Build.

Favorite Quotes:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

“Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" - Thought by J. Robert Oppenheimer