Doom fps going through the roof despite V-sync is on

Hi all, 

So playing Doom multiplayer and despite having V-Sync turned on im shooting well above my TVs refresh rate of 60, I was getting like anywhere between 74 and 108, I mean i'm not complaining but I'm pretty sure V-sync is supposed to sync to your display.

Also, has anyone's now not starting up in Vulcan? Played it two weeks ago with a friend in Vulcan, worked fine, now I have to edit the local config to force OpenGL or it just doesn't open the game at alllll.
Fecking annoying

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

19 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

I think TVs don't have refresh rate of 60

sure

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

14 hours ago, frozeNNN said:

I think TVs don't have refresh rate of 60

aaaaah so that why it says 60hz? I thought it was 60 HEIGHTZ referring to how tall it was

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

Regardless of that, turns out if you disable V-Sync in Radeon settings to do some late night benchmarking and forget you turned it off 2 weeks later then yeah V-sync doesn't work, also makes you create a useless topic like an absolute div :D