Push v Pull v Push Pull

I saw the LTT video on it, and realized that he said Pull is a better option, next to no difference on performance but way better on dust prevention. But one comment on the video said to watch "some other video of his" cant remember what its called, they said this because they said he changed his answer, and I watched more stuff on it and couldn't find anything. Basically I would never go push pull, it doesn't seem like it makes sense for what Linus said in his video, the performance differential is not worth it. But If I want to keep as little dust out of my system/rad as possible, and I have air pressure optimized fans(Corsair SPs), (Noctua NFs)....etc, would Push be the best bet?

Depends, are these "intaking" fresh air? In all reality - for just basic dust management, you need good quality dust filters. Push or pull won't make difference - still draws air into the case. so any intake spots need to be filtered. Typically Pull config makes it easier to clean your rad fins. Also, maintaining "positive" pressure in your case can help reduce dust as well.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Depends, are these "intaking" fresh air? In all reality - for just basic dust management, you need good quality dust filters. Push or pull won't make difference - still draws air into the case. so any intake spots need to be filtered. Typically Pull config makes it easier to clean your rad fins. Also, maintaining "positive" pressure in your case can help reduce dust as well.
I keep a positive air pressure in my case for sure, and all of my inakes are filtered EXCEPT the fans on the radiator, which may be the worst ones to have unfiltered. I believe I am going to change my fans to pull on the radiator, for cleaning purposes, but what I was just saying earlier is that in Linus's video he did the Push v Pull v Push Pull video and in his Push setup, it had like a shit ton of dust on the radiator

I have noticed minimal difference in temperature between push/pull. I opted for pull in the end to stop having as much to clear in terms of dust.

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

Yes, but his was after running for a long time - and no matter what, you will get dust in your system and rad fins are an excellent spot to collect it. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Some fans work better in push than pull, some don't have a difference in performance between push and pull. push/pull will always work better, but unless you're running something that requires a high static pressure it's not worth the extra money and noise.

Yes' date=' but his was after running for a long time - and no matter what, you will get dust in your system and rad fins are an excellent spot to collect it. :)[/quote']

Yes dust is always going to be a factor, well pretty much inevitable. In push I inherantly counter more dust within the fins and channels wheras pull the dust pile up is nowhere near as much. Performance will only be a few degrees max difference in some cases depending on orientation and so forth. I guess I would say to the OP is to try both push and pull for a while and gauge for himself.

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

Thank you all...Quick ending question. For pressure optimized fans, are you wasting their full ability if putting them in pull? This is just something i came up with because it almost seems like it makes sense, because the pressure optimization couldn't be fully utilize if the fans are being forced to pull through the fins, and you could fully use the pressure optimization if your are pushing air through fins, air that comes from the open, and can be directed toward/through the fins. No clue if this makes sense or not, just something I thought up when thinking of the difference between push and pull with pressure optimized fans. Thanks!

The design of the frames AND the blade inherently means it draws air in, in a similar manner to how it exhausts. So, push or pull, barely any difference.

The design of the frames AND the blade inherently means it draws air in' date=' in a similar manner to how it exhausts. So, push or pull, barely any difference.[/quote']

Each to their own I guess

Dust is unavoidable - Fact

For me to clean my radiator less often in a pull works for me, in addition to no performance loss I say it's a result. This is in my own findings.

No problems bud. Keep us updated on the upgrades and post some pictures :)

Push-pull is going to perform the best, but pull seems to work really well, on its own, as well. I don't particularly like the use of push, but some may have different results than I.