Hey guys! I've posted a few of my planned builds on here, but this is a new update for my personal rig. Here is a list of what it will DEFINITELY have inside and out:

Case: Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

PSU: XFX XXX Pro 650W 80+

Mobo: Asrock z77-Xtreme4

CPU: Intel i5-3570k

Cooler: Corsair H80i

RAM: 8Gb Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 

HDD: WD Blue 500Gb (Storage)

SSD: Samsung 840 128Gb (Boot)

Here are some things that i would like some feedback on: 

GPU: I currently have a GTX 480 and i need something new under or around $300 and does well with gaming, low end video editing, number crunching, light CAD and CAE abilities, university student appropriate capabilities (i am a single screen 1080p gamer) 

Fans: Red LED fans that aren't too bright and goofy looking but work well and look great preferably 120mm

Other: What do you guys think would be neat to see in this build?!? I will be switching the order of the stackable cases (small one on bottom) when i get the Stacker and so far my theme is black and red. 

get a haswell build instead

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Well all of my internals are parts i already have and are not ready to be replaced yet

Well all of my internals are parts i already have and are not ready to be replaced yet

Grab a 7950/7970/280x and some CM Sickleflows or Jetflos.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.