RMAs

Billy_Mays
15 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

There's literally about a 100 reasons reasons as to why a motherboard wouldn't start.  They are the most complicated and interconnected part of a PC.

Anyway, I have an alternative THEORY as to why the motherboard doesn't start. Assuming your sig is accurate and considering how bad you are at providing information we must not ignore the possibility that it's inaccurate, but you have the following hardware:

AMD FX-6300

ASUS M5A78L-M

If we go to the Asus website we see the following: 

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A78LMUSB3/HelpDesk_CPU/

FX-6300(FD6300WMW6KHK),3.5GHz,6C,95W,rev.C0,AM3+ was not supported until firmware version 1401.

If we look at the list of BIOS versions available to download, we see that M5A78L-M/USB3 BIOS 1401 was released in Sept 2012.  Buuuuuut... There are older versions going back to M5A78L-M USB3 0211 BIOS which was released in May 2011, this means that that motherboard was on the market for 14 months before a firmware version that could support the FX-6300 was released.  So it is very possible that that motherboard was manufactured PRIOR to Sept 2012 and it has an older BIOS version onto it, rendering it incapable of booting the FX-6300.

Ok I have a older Phenom that I could use and is there any way o help me to update the bios?

15 hours ago, thedons1983 said:

Dude, I give up, you can't answer a simple question so you obviously don't want my help, so I'm out! Good luck with your "Brand new Newegg Used Motherboard"!

I answered all of the questions that you asked

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

15 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

Ok I have a older Phenom that I could use and is there any way o help me to update the bios?

If you can make it POST with the older Phenom, then yes.  Make it boot with that, update to the latest BIOS, then swap CPUs.

Even just getting the mobo to boot on teh older Phenom will tell you if the motherboard is dead or not.  Look at the CPU support list I linked to see if it's compatible.

15 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

I answered all of the questions that you asked

It's because you keep saying 'I got it new but it was used' like someone with zero communications skills instead of 'I ordered a new item, but I suspect that NewEgg actually sent me an Open Box version' which would be MUCH easier to understand.  Which is why I earlier told you to do that.

It's because you keep saying 'I got it new but it was used' like someone with zero communications skills instead of 'I ordered a new item, but I suspect that NewEgg actually sent me an Open Box version' which would be MUCH easier to understand.  Which is why I earlier told you to do that.

I hate having comprehension problems

If you can make it POST with the older Phenom, then yes.  Make it boot with that, update to the latest BIOS, then swap CPUs.

Even just getting the mobo to boot on teh older Phenom will tell you if the motherboard is dead or not.  Look at the CPU support list I linked to see if it's compatible.

I'll try right away with it

Fans ramped up all the way with the old Phenom 

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

Fans ramped up all the way with the old Phenom 

This is pretty useless without knowing if it actually output video and you were able to get into the BIOS...

13 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

This is pretty useless without knowing if it actually output video and you were able to get into the BIOS...

Nope no signal

and CPU gets hot too

10 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

Nope no signal

and CPU gets hot too

Which video output are you plugging your monitor in to on the system, the ones on the graphics card, or the internal motherboard ones? If your're getting no signal, try switching to the opposite one of these two options and try again. Also, by 'CPU gets hot too' what exactly do you mean? I take it you have some sort of cooler installed on your CPU????

[removed]

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 hours ago, IntMD said:

Which video output are you plugging your monitor in to on the system, the ones on the graphics card, or the internal motherboard ones? If your're getting no signal, try switching to the opposite one of these two options and try again. Also, by 'CPU gets hot too' what exactly do you mean? I take it you have some sort of cooler installed on your CPU????

Yes I had the cooler off to the side fans spin up to 100%, I tried both nothing

2 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

well it sounds like you got a DoA motherboard then. RMA it and get a new one

I only have to tape the box closed then give it to one of my postal services 

22 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

Do you have to pay the postage for RMAing stuff because I absolutely need to RMA my mobo because the owner before failed a bios update and I want to know if I need to pay anything for when I drop it off and do I use the same carrier that Newegg.ca used or can I use any Carrier I want to?

I didnt have to pay for postage for a WD HDD back in the day. But I had to pay for postage for a Cyber Power UPS and an ACER monitor. So it depends on the company. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I didnt have to pay for postage for a WD HDD back in the day. But I had to pay for postage for a Cyber Power UPS and an ACER monitor. So it depends on the company. 

Ah ok I am going with newegg