After Effects CS6 vs. CC?

Hello. I have been using After Effects CS6 for a long time but have not upgraded to CC due to several reasons. Please could anybody here correct me and provide any workarounds for these issues?

Issue 1: (RAM) Preview

CS6's RAM preview served as a brilliant way to test a short segment of video, but CC's preview renders the frames live so often it doesn't play audio and is not realtime as my PC is not fast enough.

Issue 2: Rendering

It seems to me that CC has much faster rendering than CS6 for the most part, but the rendering options are... underwhelming. 

Rendering a 1-minute long video at 1920x1080, 24fps with a CBR bitrate of 6.0 Mbps using CS6's H.264 format produces a video with a filesize of 44.1MB File properties (screenshot) - This video is crystal clear and great quality.

Rendering settings (screenshot)

Rendering the exact same 1-minute long video at 1920x1080, 24fps with the quality at 100 using CC's Quicktime format and the H.264 codec produces a video with a filesize of 434MB File properties (screenshot) - This video is crystal clear and great quality.

Rendering settings (screenshot)

I also tried the same thing with the quality set to 50 and it produced a video with a filesize of 80.4MB File properties (screenshot) - Which is a much better filesize with an acceptable quality.

However, that is still a decent amount larger than CS6's file, so I tried the same thing with the quality set to 25.  This produced a video with a filesize of 46.8MB File properties (screenshot) - This video is watchable, but it's still fairly bad.

So with the quality set to 25, the video is fairly low quality and is still a bigger filesize than AE CS6's file. Lowering the quality would make the video look horrific, but increasing the quality would result in even larger filesizes.

Of course with a small, 1-minute video the size difference is minimal, but this is going to stack up quickly when working on lengthier videos.

So that leaves me asking:

• How can I work around this new preview tool?
  • What render settings should I experiment with?

After Effects CC appears to be much faster and more optimised than CS6 as it's newer, so I wouldn't really like to stay on CS6. 

Any tips? Thank you kindly in advance!

For the rendering issue try to use Media Encoder instead for more options.

Hello

We all know that many user never made it to the cloud, my first question is what is the reason you need to update?

If you don't work in a team, and not rendering 3D models on a pipeline, why u need to do need any new cloud version? You need tips how to stay on CS? optimizing codes on hardware you need to do on spot, the change that your codes run better on CS is very big, RAM too,specially on certificated drivers. Rendser setting,  OpenGL rendering? u use RAM Drives too?  Maxon’s CINEWARE? Multi GPU? plabtjacks?

18 minutes ago, LucasRem said:

my first question is what is the reason you need to update?

Well there are a lot of newer features and better performance.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

AkiraDaarkstWell, there are a lot of newer feature. rendering animation?  I only use that 3d Maxon’s CINEWARE update, importing animation and polygons, texture, question is what features you need, he only does coverting to H264 i guess, why you need any updates? only optimization? why the new features?