Maxing Gpu usage?

VredinLad

Hey there,

Does anyone know if there is a way force a Gpu to work at 90% or max performance?

The reason im asking is becouse i play a lot of older/ light weight titles on my pc and i am curious to what my Gpu is capable of.

Im using a GTX 1080 if that info is needed.

Your GPU will do this unless it is being told to do otherwise by g-sync, v-sync or some other frame limit. Or if the CPU can't keep up.

EDIT: By other frame limit I mean the game. For example Mass Effect (original) requires a .ini edit to exceed 60 fps.

30 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Your GPU will do this unless it is being told to do otherwise by g-sync, v-sync or some other frame limit. Or if the CPU can't keep up.

Is this always the case? for example: when playing League of legends i have ~200 fps @ 27% gpu usage, the same goes for CS:GO, and Skyrim only has ~40 fps @ 60% usage (Skyrim is modded though). V-sync is disabled in-game and in the NVIDIA controlcenter.

3 minutes ago, VredinLad said:

Is this always the case? for example: when playing League of legends i have ~200 fps @ 27% gpu usage, the same goes for CS:GO, and Skyrim only has ~40 fps @ 60% usage (Skyrim is modded though). V-sync is disabled in-game and in the NVIDIA controlcenter.

I can't advise on a per game basis you will have to google specifically. It can either be CPU or in the game's files (not all files are accessible via settings), hence why Mass Effect requires a file edit.

EDIT: Only 40FPS in Skyrim at 60% usage suggests CPU bottleneck. What is your CPU?

7 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

I can't advise on a per game basis you will have to google specifically. It can either be CPU or in the game's files (not all files are accessible via settings), hence why Mass Effect requires a file edit.

EDIT: Only 40FPS in Skyrim at 60% usage suggests CPU bottleneck. What is your CPU?

i5-4670K, although my game is modded i dont understand why my gpu usage is so low compared to titles as the Witcher and BO3

8 minutes ago, VredinLad said:

i5-4670K, although my game is modded i dont understand why my gpu usage is so low compared to titles as the Witcher and BO3

Skyrim is super intensive on your CPU because it's open world. Generally speaking, everything is rendered in real time as opposed to preloaded maps on BO3.  Although open world as well, The W3 is a newer tittle and optimized differently than Skyrim, which could be why your seeing such a difference in those games.