ArmA 3 - I need some advice

FlushaDev

So basically to start off I bought Arma 3 in the summer sales (obviously) and I got interested in it buy watching some of SovietWomble's Arma 3 Bullshittery when they were basically in the military let's take it that way and so I already knew I couldn't be like that in the first couple hours of playing Arma but I would really like to know if anyone would give me any good advice and IF anyone knows and is allowed here, can post any UK based military servers, thanks a lot to anyone who helps with that.

Also I have played some campaign missions (I do not remember which one I left off), and it actually went pretty well, I learned the mechanics and the basic stuff of the game, now I just need to start playing multiplayer to really experience (IF POSSIBLE), the real Arma 3 atmosphere let's say it like that.

"The only way to do great work, is do do what you love." -Steve Jobs

7 minutes ago, FlushaDev said:

So basically to start off I bought Arma 3 in the summer sales (obviously) and I got interested in it buy watching some of SovietWomble's Arma 3 Bullshittery when they were basically in the military let's take it that way and so I already knew I couldn't be like that in the first couple hours of playing Arma but I would really like to know if anyone would give me any good advice and IF anyone knows and is allowed here, can post any UK based military servers, thanks a lot to anyone who helps with that.

Also I have played some campaign missions (I do not remember which one I left off), and it actually went pretty well, I learned the mechanics and the basic stuff of the game, now I just need to start playing multiplayer to really experience (IF POSSIBLE), the real Arma 3 atmosphere let's say it like that.

The 77TH Jsoc Servers are really fun and I play on them all the time. They are the campaign servers where you go with your squad on a mission.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Just now, Arcanekitten said:

The 77TH Jsoc Servers are really fun and I play on them all the time.

Any website or IP I can look for?

You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Thanks a lot man, gonna jump on Arma right now, wanna add me and probably teach me how it works?

Just now, FlushaDev said:

Thanks a lot man, gonna jump on Arma right now, wanna add me and probably teach me how it works?

Not at the moment, sorry. The people on that server will help you though and all the squad leaders are usually really helpful.

Not at the moment, sorry. The people on that server will help you though and all the squad leaders are usually really helpful.

Alright thanks a lot for the help anyway :D

1 minute ago, FlushaDev said:

Alright thanks a lot for the help anyway :D

If the 77th JSOC servers are full the Ahoy World servers are great too all be it a bit less structured.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/144.76.82.169:2302/

2 minutes ago, Arcanekitten said:

If the 77th JSOC servers are full the Ahoy World servers are great too all be it a bit less structured.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/144.76.82.169:2302/

Do you need to pass any trying or something like that to actually join these servers and get ranks or do you just join and play?

Just now, FlushaDev said:

Do you need to pass any trying or something like that to actually join these servers and get ranks or do you just join and play?

You just join and then usually the HQ or Commander will assign you to a squad. From there on out the squad leader will tell you and your squad what your mission is and you can ask any general question if you have any. You do need to know the basics first but those are already explained in the Arma 3 main campaign. At first it might be a bit confusing but after a couple mission you usually get the hang of it.

When you join you must choose a kit I would recommend a basic kit like rifleman or grenadier. AA or AT can be quite confusing early on.

You just join and then usually the HQ or Commander will assign you to a squad. From there on out the squad leader will tell you and your squad what your mission is and you can ask any general question if you have any. You do need to know the basics first but those are already explained in the Arma 3 main campaign. At first it might be a bit confusing but after a couple mission you usually get the hang of it.

When you join you must choose a kit I would recommend a basic kit like rifleman or grenadier. AA or AT can be quite confusing early on.

You're a life saviour thanks a lot man, for both the time you've spent reading all the sh*t I've been posting and all the info you gave me

Every kit requires a certain specialty like medics require about 30 med kits or grenadier requires a grenade launcher you can pick that up from the ammo pack at the hanger, Rifleman doens't require any special equipement. This bit is for 77th JSOC only though as I do not play on Ahoy as often.