Which steam games to get :D?

VerticalDiscussions

Hey there everyone! So currently i am unable to play them (school work), but since the discounts end by June 5th and i dont want to spend much more than 10-20€, which would be a great game (i dont want a game for 14,99€ like fallout 4 that needs an extra of 71€ for DLCs alone) for that price range?

I compiled a list that seems okay and i wanted to know what you would choose:

• Terraria + Terraria Soundtracks: 9,98€;
  • Stardew Valley: 8,39€;
  • Borderlands 2 GOTY: 9,90€;
  • ARK: Survival Evolved: 19,97€ with all DLC's;
  • XCOM 2: Digital Deluxe: 21,44€ (i suppose i can stretch an extra 1,44€);
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel + Season Pass: 20,99€;
  • Borderlands "Take Over Your Life Bundle: 25,67€ (pretty much all the games, but without DLCs... not sure i like this one tough);
  • Doom 3: BFG Edition: 4,99€;
  • Doom Classic Complete: 3,74€;
  • Minecraft (xD): 23,95€;

So guys i understand its a fairly long list, but i really just want some of these games or at least one major game. Terraria and XCOM 2:DD seem to be the coolest out of these, but if you guys know of any other worth waiting for or getting right now, please do leave an advice.

Groomlake Authority

Life is Strange

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

-snip-

Seems to be an interesting game, quite different from what i have ever played.

Groomlake Authority

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

Seems to be an interesting game, quite different from what i have ever played.

Yeah, its 5$ on sale, worth it

Just now, Majestic said:

If you ever wanted an interactive version of college girl tumblr angst, indeed.

@VerticalDiscussions can't go wrong with either Terraria or XCOM 2.

it is high school, not college

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

-snip-

I have Doom 2016 :D.

I do like the Civ games, but i think i would prefer to get the Beyond Earth (played Civ 5 already extensively :P) variant (which just so happens to also be under 20€).

Rocket league seems to be a great game too, ill check it out.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

-snip-

Excellent reviews. Will check it out too.

I suppose making a decision this year is gonna be quite hard xD.

There can be only 1 or 2 at best tough :/.

Groomlake Authority

6 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

I have Doom 2016 :D.

I do like the Civ games, but i think i would prefer to get the Beyond Earth (played Civ 5 already extensively :P) variant (which just so happens to also be under 20€).

Rocket league seems to be a great game too, ill check it out.

i think civ iv was better than v which changed a few things but fixed those in vi
Kerbal is super fun if building rockets and space planes and exploring space sound like fun to you.. you can play it seriously or just sandbox and create the stupidest rockets, launching you into the sun :P 

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

Borderlands 2 is the winner here. This is not up for discussion.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Just now, ivan134 said:

-snip-

The Borderlands: "Take Over Your Life Bundle" or Borderlands 2 Goty :P?

Groomlake Authority

4 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

The Borderlands: "Take Over Your Life Bundle" or Borderlands 2 Goty :P?

Borderlands 2. The 1st game is good, but not worth that much.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Just now, ivan134 said:

-snip-

The Pre Sequel aint much either too?

Groomlake Authority

5 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

The Pre Sequel aint much either too?

The general consensus among fans of the series is that it's not a bad game, but it didn't bring much new to the table aside from a few new mechanics like low gravity, oxygen and ice weapons. It felt like a cash grab. The game goes on sale pretty often so I would play through 2 and its DLC 1st before you decide whether you want to get Pre-Sequel.

My personal view: I played it knowing what I was getting into because I'm a huge fan of the series. My main problems with the game are the pacing in the beginning. There's a lot of doing nothing in the beginning. It's been a problem with the series, but it's especially bad in Pre-Sequel. I also didn't like any of the classes. Obviously this is a personal thing so you might like the classes. The one thing I did like was scaling vending machines (not really a game changer though because bosses are still the best way to get the best loot). The 1st 2 didn't have crafting, but they introduced pseudo crafting in Pre-Sequel. I didn't really mess around with it much and I'm pretty sure it wasn't worth it.

BFG is a good call.

Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall/Hongkong are sick if you like XCOM.