Question on fittings...

My radiator and waterblock are both copper (the radiator has an aluminium housing however) My current fittings are nickel. Now do I need to be worried about which fittings to chose in terms of the metal used to make them?

Nickel and copper are perceived as compatible metals. although I would use a premixed coolant with anticorrosoves anyway.

17 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

My radiator and waterblock are both copper (the radiator has an aluminium housing however) My current fittings are nickel. Now do I need to be worried about which fittings to chose in terms of the metal used to make them?

Is the rad aluminum or just the outer shell, if it's just the shell and the rest is copper and brass it won't have a problem in he loop with the blocks and nickel plated fittings.

5 hours ago, W-L said:

Is the rad aluminum or just the outer shell, if it's just the shell and the rest is copper and brass it won't have a problem in he loop with the blocks and nickel plated fittings.

just the outer shell, the radiator fins are copper.

59 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

You'll be alright then with the nickel plated fittings just be sure to not use a silver kill coil since they are borderline dis-similar metals. 

5 hours ago, Doomerson said:

Just for your information, the fins are the heat exchangers between the radiator core and air and actually not in contact with the water. The core material is copper anyway but just a note about terminology :P

On 6/29/2017 at 0:24 PM, W-L said:

You'll be alright then with the nickel plated fittings just be sure to not use a silver kill coil since they are borderline dis-similar metals. 

Thanks for the heads up man, I had no idea about this. I plan on using EK's cryofuel for my first few loops anyways. And I've learned that takes away the need for a kill coil.

21 hours ago, For Science! said:

Just for your information, the fins are the heat exchangers between the radiator core and air and actually not in contact with the water. The core material is copper anyway but just a note about terminology :P

Ahhh, yeah that makes sense. I was kind of thinking about that whenever I typed it in honestly, 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-coolstream-pe-240-dual

this is the radiator that I have