New to DAC/Amps - help with HD6xx

3 Minute Reviewer
1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Yeah to bring back a bit of the tube sound, you just need to buy the 6CG7 tube and then take the old out and put in the new one. Oh yeah the 6922 EH tube would also work in it.

What would you think of going with the Darkvoice instead for these headphones? about $200 on Massdrop

5 minutes ago, kmathieu2220 said:

What would you think of going with the Darkvoice instead for these headphones? about $200 on Massdrop

the value for 200$ is quite good and I have heard quite good things about that and a pair of HD 650/6xx's.

It wouldn't be a bad idea at all and if you don't like it then you should be able to flip it and get most of your money back

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

27 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

the value for 200$ is quite good and I have heard quite good things about that and a pair of HD 650/6xx's.

It wouldn't be a bad idea at all and if you don't like it then you should be able to flip it and get most of your money back

Now my question is would I be able to connect the preamp out on the back to PASSIVE speakers? or would I need active speakers for this to work? i.e. computer -> Darkvoice (amp) -> HD650's or Passive desk speakers. 

1 hour ago, kmathieu2220 said:

Oh really that easy?? nice! no tools or anything else needed?

Nope

6 minutes ago, kmathieu2220 said:

Now my question is would I be able to connect the preamp out on the back to PASSIVE speakers? or would I need active speakers for this to work? i.e. computer -> Darkvoice (amp) -> HD650's or Passive desk speakers. 

no, you need active speakers for that, you could do pc -> darkvoice -> speaker amp -> passive speakers.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Anyone have experience with the Little dot 1+ with the 6xx/650s? i just ordered the 6xxs as well and cant wait for christmas time when they are supposed to get here. I've heard nothing but good things about the dark voice but i simply don't have the space for something that big and burning hot.

10 hours ago, Reaper113 said:

Anyone have experience with the Little dot 1+ with the 6xx/650s? i just ordered the 6xxs as well and cant wait for christmas time when they are supposed to get here. I've heard nothing but good things about the dark voice but i simply don't have the space for something that big and burning hot.

the little dot 1 will also be VERY hot, it is rather meh. If you don't want something that is very hot on your desk, then tube amps aren't something you want. A MKII is better, but still meh.

the hot isnt so much of the issue its the size combined with the heat, maybe ill wait until the dark voice comes on massdrop again and get that and kinda deal with it haha

4 hours ago, Reaper113 said:

the hot isnt so much of the issue its the size combined with the heat, maybe ill wait until the dark voice comes on massdrop again and get that and kinda deal with it haha

Yeah thats the same approach I'm taking - getting the Schiit Fulla 2 now to get something basic and then later down the road im gonna go for the Darkvoice and use the Schiit Fulla 2 as a dedicated DAC