Sharing WLAN with a LAN cable to another PC?

Icefly

Hey

Is it possible to share my WLAN with my second pc via LAN cables?

Like.. putting the LAN cable into my PC and then stick it in my second PC?

And do it need a special thing or do i need some settings to adjust before it works?

I read something about a Cross Over cable but it seems like it's not needed with newer LAN boards.

-Icefly

With newer ethernet cards you don't need a crossover anymore. You need to assign static ip's to the ethernet ports on both devices. For instance: 192.168.1.1 for device #1 and 192.168.1.2 for device #2. Then you need to right click on the Wi-Fi and there is a button somewhere which says: 'Share this device'. Then share it with the ethernet adapter.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

16 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:

Goto the WIFI adapters settings and share it to the LAN network adapter.

This works, another option is in windows network adapter list if you select 2 of them and right click it will have a option to bridge connections which will all you to share the connection.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

7 hours ago, LUUD18 said:

With newer ethernet cards you don't need a crossover anymore. You need to assign static ip's to the ethernet ports on both devices. For instance: 192.168.1.1 for device #1 and 192.168.1.2 for device #2. Then you need to right click on the Wi-Fi and there is a button somewhere which says: 'Share this device'. Then share it with the ethernet adapter.

FYI you don't need to set a static ip address windows will automatically set link-local addresses (169.254.0.0).