wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childre

A chinese AIB's finest design :D;) 

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

A chinese AIB's finest design :D;) 

Wait... Why does the card have SLI fingers? lol

38 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

au4wRsb.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, Valentyn said:

Cause this. <---Clicky

You, my friend, are the master of shitposting xD

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

You, my friend, are the master of shitposting xD

Well if Frontier Edition shipped with this it wouldn't have that throttling issue and would be pushing frontiers...of the PCIe physical tolerances. :D

1 minute ago, Valentyn said:

Well if Frontier Edition shipped with this it wouldn't have that throttling issue and would be pushing frontiers...of the PCIe physical tolerances. :D

So if you want a space heater PC, you should buy a 7980XE and overclock it and get 4 Vega FE cards and overclock them! xD

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

So if you want a space heater PC, you should buy a 7980XE and overclock it and get 4 Vega FE cards and overclock them! xD

That actually reminds me of my SLI GTX 480 system; my god...the noise and heat haha. I had a poster behind the pc on the wall, the heat would soften the blue tack and make it fall off at least once a week.

Holy hell.

500$ markup for water cooling?

Welcome to Apple level pricing! Increase your Harddrive from "Too low to install word and excel" to "just enough to add Notepadd++" for just 599$ !

3 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

That actually reminds me of my SLI GTX 480 system; my god...the noise and heat haha. I had a poster behind the pc on the wall, the heat would soften the blue tack and make it fall off at least once a week.

This is why Nvidia included a grill on the face of the card :P

GeForce_GTX_480_F_1000x580.png

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

This is why Nvidia included a grill on the face of the card :P

GeForce_GTX_480_F_1000x580.png

I really liked that design actually; it was beefy as hell.

4LNZqaC.jpg

LqDzg6J.png

My old man is still running a 580 I flashed to make Solidworks think it's a Quadro. Fermi was a hot mess, but it runs under pressure at least.

Oh come on now Raja!

AMD announces Capsaicin Siggraph with no word about RX Vega
https://videocardz.com/70655/amd-announces-capsaicin-siggraph-with-no-word-about-rx-vega

If there’s anything gamers expect to see at SIGGRAPH, it’s Radeon RX Vega. The new announcement actually does mention Vega, but only Radeon Pro Vega. Unlike previous Ryzen or EPYC events, Capsaicin is organized by Radeon Technologies Group.

lx3dbci.jpg

10 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Oh come on now Raja!

AMD announces Capsaicin Siggraph with no word about RX Vega
https://videocardz.com/70655/amd-announces-capsaicin-siggraph-with-no-word-about-rx-vega

Could it be just because they've already set Siggraph as a launch date for RX Vega, while the others still don't have official dates?

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

4 minutes ago, Agost said:

Could it be just because they've already set Siggraph as a launch date for RX Vega, while the others still don't have official dates?

Siggraph is the official place they mentioned they'd launch RX; yet it's not on the list of topics for the presentation.

That's mental!

Direct from AMD

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/amd-capsaicin-siggraph-2017-tickets-35520337285

On July 30, learn about our newest additions to the Radeon™ Pro family featuring the cutting-edge Radeon™ “Vega” architecture. Hear from our partners on how AMD’s product lineup – Radeon Pro, Ryzen™ Threadripper™, EPYC™ and Radeon Instinct™ – is revolutionizing the creative pipeline, leading industries from entertainment to engineering into a new era of precision and performance.

Register by July 25th, as seats are extremely limited for this exclusive presentation and make sure to show up early to secure a good seat.

6:30PM PST – Doors open
7:30PM – 8:45PM PST – Formal presentation
8:45PM – Midnight PST – Demos and reception

AMD will have a booth located at #301 on the SIGGRAPH exhibition floor, where visitors will be able to see professional workflows powered by Radeon Pro graphics products.

Just now, Valentyn said:

Siggraph is the official place they mentioned they'd launch RX; yet it's not on the list of topics for the presentation.

That's mental!

Come on, they've already stated they would launch it at siggraph. It would be really stupid not to release RX Vega in that occasion, they'd lose a huge amount of money in stock losses.

1 minute ago, Agost said:

Come on, they've already stated they would launch it at siggraph. It would be really stupid not to release RX Vega in that occasion, they'd lose a huge amount of money in stock losses.

They already lost $2 in the last two days thanks to the Frontier Edition.....

Now the headline event for Radeon RX doesn't even bother listing it as part of the presentation and demos.

18 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

They already lost $2 in the last two days thanks to the Frontier Edition.....

Now the headline event for Radeon RX doesn't even bother listing it as part of the presentation and demos.

Not releasing an already announced product on that date would mean much bigger losses. 

12 minutes ago, Agost said:

Not releasing an already announced product on that date would mean much bigger losses. 

Yup, and it's happened before. Last capsaicin event "wait till the end for exciting Vega news"

"Vega will be named Radeon RX Vega, and we have Vega T-shirts"

Who knows what AMD marketing is doing on the GPU side, but it's a mess. The CPU division and marketing is going from strength to strength at the moment.

Just now, Valentyn said:

Yup, and it's happened before. Last capsaicin event "wait till the end for exciting Vega news"

"Vega will be named Radeon RX Vega, and we have Vega T-shirts"

Who knows what AMD marketing is doing on the GPU side, but it's a mess. The CPU division and marketing is going from strength to strength at the moment.

But at CES they clearly stated they would release RX Vega at Siggraph, while they didn't say they would release it at capsaicin&cream or CES.

Just now, Agost said:

But at CES they clearly stated they would release RX Vega at Siggraph, while they didn't say they would release it at capsaicin&cream or CES.

Yup, they also stated Vega for Q2 2017, and it seems Frontier Edition was a desperate move to simply keep to that deadline. Otherwise severe repercussions for lying to investors and shareholders at meetings.

What we have to go on is AMD's direct information on what will be presented and demo'd at Siggraph, and not a single mention of the gaming consumer line. That's not good. 

If this announcement went out earlier today I can guarantee you the stock would have taken another major hit. It's already down 15% in two days.

Hell man, I'm a vocal AMD shareholder, and this entire Vega launch and information from them is Not filling me with confidence. 

The Q2 earnings call and Q&A are going to be extremely interesting. Vega as a hot topic at Q1, with Frontier Edition out it'll be even more discussed.

Yup, they also stated Vega for Q2 2017, and it seems Frontier Edition was a desperate move to simply keep to that deadline. Otherwise severe repercussions for lying to investors and shareholders at meetings.

What we have to go on is AMD's direct information on what will be presented and demo'd at Siggraph, and not a single mention of the gaming consumer line. That's not good. 

If this announcement went out earlier today I can guarantee you the stock would have taken another major hit. It's already down 15% in two days.

Hell man, I'm a vocal AMD shareholder, and this entire Vega launch and information from them is Not filling me with confidence. 

The Q2 earnings call and Q&A are going to be extremely interesting. Vega as a hot topic at Q1, with Frontier Edition out it'll be even more discussed.

Let's just hope everything will go well, with gaming cards releasing in time and performing just as they should. 

I don't have enough money to buy any good card anyways, since prices are tremendously inflated due to mining and lack of competition.

My recently purchased Freesync monitor is suffering  and my 670 too.

Just now, Agost said:

Let's just hope everything will go well, with gaming cards releasing in time and performing just as they should. 

I don't have enough money to buy any good card anyways, since prices are tremendously inflated due to mining and lack of competition.

My recently purchased Freesync monitor is suffering  and my 670 too.

I've been ready for a new workstation for a while, and been waiting to see how threadripper compares to Skylake X. I want a new GPU for it, and well so far..not impressed by Vega.

I even tried to order an FE card the day they were available; kinda happy now I was told it was out of stock on the payment page; after there was stock before. Saved me bunch of direct disappointment. 

Gotta hand it to AMD though; I really like the look and build of the Frontier Edition.

MSI Marketing Director (The guy who made the comment about power draw) says "please don't compare this card too much with RX Vega"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen...ng_director_dont_compare_vega_fe_too/djmlkk3/
https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/51759395#51759395

AMD staff on twitter: "I think it’s premature to worry about a product’s gaming performance by judging a different product NOT optimized for gaming."

Well people where hoping that AMD would say something. I guess this is close enough, but no official statement yet.

1 hour ago, Valentyn said:

AMD staff on twitter: "I think it’s premature to worry about a product’s gaming performance by judging a different product NOT optimized for gaming."

I call BS on this, AMD doesn't even know how RX Vega performs. lol

Or even if they do they know that it can barely match a 1080 while consuming 2x more power. Ryzen was able to match the 6900K and they kept showing that off, if Vega was able to match or beat the 1080 Ti, they would DEFINITELY be showing it off. The fact that they remain silent about Vega's gaming performance shows that it's probably going to be a 1080/1070 competitor.

5 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I call BS on this, AMD doesn't even know how RX Vega performs. lol

Or even if they do they know that it can barely match a 1080 while consuming 2x more power. Ryzen was able to match the 6900K and they kept showing that off, if Vega was able to match or beat the 1080 Ti, they would DEFINITELY be showing it off. The fact that they remain silent about Vega's gaming performance shows that it's probably going to be a 1080/1070 competitor.

What I find more interesting is the MSI head of marketing that said vega uses a lot of power is also saying don't compare FE to RX Vega. I think that's a lot more telling.

Although as I've stated too many times, AMD marketing for the GPU side is just crap. Absolutely terrible.

The CPU side didn't hype up Ryzen, they actually did very smart moves. Compared clock for clock on early engineering samples, showed workstation loads and uses. Had a clear message and delivery.
Vega though? I have no idea what RTG is playing at there marketing wise.

I still have no idea how it can't slap around a 1070; fuck me the Fury X is around 6-10% slower than a 1070 and the fury x couldn't overclock to save its life.

Now it's somehow holding it's own against Frontier Edition if it has a "mild" overclock.

What I find more interesting is the MSI head of marketing that said vega uses a lot of power is also saying don't compare FE to RX Vega. I think that's a lot more telling.

Do you think that MSI has RX Vega tho? And *supposedly* drivers for the RX Vega aren't ready, so I don't understand why they would say "don't compare them" since not even they can compare them.... xD

4 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

I still have no idea how it can't slap around a 1070; fuck me the Fury X is around 6-10% slower than a 1070 and the fury x couldn't overclock to save its life.

Now it's somehow holding it's own against Frontier Edition if it has a "mild" overclock.

To be fair, the Vega card performs 15% better than the Fury X in every game and the Fury X isn't a very good overclocker -_-