In need of a monitor

Seikai

Let me preface this with that I'm a very picky consumer, so I'm willing to spend the money as long as what I'm purchasing meets my expectations.

I'm building a multi-purpose PC for both content creation and all around gaming, I've picked out all my components outside of the monitor, and I always find this to be hardest component to choose. I want a monitor that has 178h/178v viewing angle, 2560 x 1440 (1600), and 5 ms or less GTG response time. All of these specs are readily available in a multitude of monitors, and for a short while I owned a monitor that met these specs, but the reason I returned it is because of screen glow.

I know that IPS and PLS panels suffer from glow, and TN panels suffer from back-light bleed, and it's almost impossible to completely eliminate it. I've never found a monitor where bleed/glow hasn't been an issue. So i'm posting here to see what monitors you have used that don't suffer from glow/bleed even in dark rooms. The monitor I purchased, and returned due to this issue was a Samsung S27B970D, now the monitor wasn't horrible but for 1,000 dollars in my opinion it was down right unacceptable.

If my quest for a near zero percent bleed/glow monitor is one of futility then so be it, but I figured it would be best to get the opinion of a few people first. One last thing please don't mention monitors that are covered in a thick matte finish, I also for a short period tried out a ZR30W, but the anti-glare coating left an awful grainy look to the image displayed. Thank you in advance for your suggestions and input.

well you are in trouble. all good IPS monitors have a bit of bleed, even the ultra pro ones like EIZO,LaCie (3000$ and more)- so I think you must make some compromises. I would though recommend Dell U2713HM- great monitor for content creation and also not bad for gaming. Also check out ASUS PB278Q (PLS). Both are amazing.

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."