Sound randomly stops working?

Ashiella

Im using Windows 10, the update right before creators (I think, iduno.. Lel) and randomly my sound stops working and if I play anything with sound it doesnt output, its not the connector, tried front panel as well, not the speakers/headphones tried 3 different pairs. and it makes little "tick" sounds like it'll make a little blip sound in different volumes and tones randomly, it's been happening for a while, but it started getting super annoying.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

3 hours ago, Ashiella said:

Im using Windows 10, the update right before creators (I think, iduno.. Lel) and randomly my sound stops working and if I play anything with sound it doesnt output, its not the connector, tried front panel as well, not the speakers/headphones tried 3 different pairs. and it makes little "tick" sounds like it'll make a little blip sound in different volumes and tones randomly, it's been happening for a while, but it started getting super annoying.

Reinstalling the driver didn't work? 

8 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

I got around to doing that mess just now, for the most part? I guess? I mean, the sound continues to work (so far) but I want HD Audio Manager back !! (Realtek) it actually configured my 5.1ch correctly, unlike base windows or what not.

Edit: Didnt work.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

I changed the hz from 192khz 24bit to 92khz 24bit

Seems to have fixed that weird issue, but with the new drivers, my 5.1ch rear speakers arent detected and I have to use 7.1ch (when side speakers are on [which dont exist] the sub doesnt work lol)

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

@Volbet might be worth asking for help 

I don't know if he's the correct person to ask for this in particular though 

Just now, NCIX Lampy said:

Also, get Kizuna-san outta here. (Thnx for the lack of help) jk

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

I don't know if he's the correct person to ask for this in particular though 

I'm not really. The way Windows handles audio is strange to say the least. 

Personally, I've pretty much given up on it. 

To me, the Creator's Update was a godsend, seeing how it finally added USB Audio 2.0 (only took them 15 years).

But I'll try my best. 

23 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Also, get Kizuna-san outta here. (Thnx for the lack of help) jk

How is your soundcard detected in Device Manager? Is is actually running the Realtek drivers or is it using the generic Windows drivers?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

4 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I'm not really. The way Windows handles audio is strange to say the least. 

Personally, I've pretty much given up on it. 

To me, the Creator's Update was a godsend, seeing how it finally added USB Audio 2.0 (only took them 15 years).

But I'll try my best. 

How is your soundcard detected in Device Manager? Is is actually running the Realtek drivers or is it using the generic Windows drivers?

Not using a sound card, using on-board audio which uses realtek, and yes, I checked its running the realtek drivers.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Ashiella said:

Not using a sound card, using on-board audio which uses realtek, and yes, I checked its running the realtek drivers.

Well, the onboard sound is still a soundcard, but as long as we're on the same page that doesn't matter.

Do you have an update on what Windows update you're on? 

There were lot of problems with the Creator's Update screwing with Realtek devices. 

What you could try is uninstall the drivers, letting them default to the generic Windows drivers and then reinstall the drivers.

Sometimes a clean slate is needed to convince Windows to behave nicely. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

Well, the onboard sound is still a soundcard, but as long as we're on the same page that doesn't matter.

Do you have an update on what Windows update you're on? 

There were lot of problems with the Creator's Update screwing with Realtek devices. 

What you could try is uninstall the drivers, letting them default to the generic Windows drivers and then reinstall the drivers.

Sometimes a clean slate is needed to convince Windows to behave nicely. 

Im fine with being forced to use 7.1 and all, same effect, but youtube and shit doesnt like that idea..

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler