URGENT - Need help immediately

Alright, so today started as a normal day, woke up, parents called me saying breakfast was here, so I went to go get it at the kitchen, I then brought my food back to my room to eat and didn't bother to check the top of the cup (Whatever it's called like that plastic thing for straw) and when I attempted to put my straw into my cup, it wouldn't bother to go in, long story short the cup tipped over, fell on my laptop and got into the components such as: Fan, USB ports, In/Out jack, possibly the power as well (This is soda by the way), what is there to worry if any? I cleaned off most of the soda I can almost immediately as possible and put it outside to dry, but not sure if that's enough. My concern is: Charging up the laptop as there may be possible soda in the in-port of the power, and soda remnants inside the fans, and possibly more inner components as well. Especially once my laptop starts building up heat from playing games and the remnants starting to re-melt (Or the syrup as I'm sure the liquid is just gonna evaporate) and ultimately break everything.

Edit: Oh and my warranty is expired as well

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Tanishq123 said:

You may disassemble the laptop and wipe all the liquid and let it dry..

Not possible with mine. The only thing you can actually open is the ram, m.sata ssd, and the hdd/ssd slot

2 minutes ago, Tanishq123 said:

Is your laptop under warranty.

If you'd read the post, no, sadly.

3 minutes ago, Toon said:

Not possible with mine. The only thing you can actually open is the ram, m.sata ssd, and the hdd/ssd slot

Actually disassemble it, not just unscrew the covers on the back.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

13 minutes ago, Toon said:

... soda for breakfeast... guess thats the US for you. wow.

anyway open up what you can, remove what you can and wipe it off. if you cant take it appart there isnt much to do though

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Well first of all, take the battery and don't attempt to connect the charger to it unless the inner components are dry. Since the warranty is already expired, disassemble the laptop and let the individual components dry. You can find disassembly guides/videos for your model on the internet, if you are not familiar with it.

After that, wait for a full day. Have patience and let it dry for at least 24 hours. Then, if you think that the components have dried up, reassemble it and turn it on. If it turns on, Great!!

If it doesn't, then chances one or more components have failed. If you are able to identify the failed parts, then just buy the replacement parts and repair it yourself, else, take it to the manufacturer.

Best of luck!!

:)

PS- I dropped a full can of Pepsi on my Laptop 3 years ago, and I did the same thing that I have mentioned here. I was lucky that nothing happened.

Just now, RKRiley said:

Actually disassemble it, not just unscrew the covers on the back.

No, that's why, you cannot disassemble it. MSI doesn't allow you to with their laptops, for my brand at least you can't. All the screws are basically soldered shut.

If you think the power port might have soda in it, get a tissue, shove it into the power port, and leave it for a minute. That should mostly dry it. Do the same for USB ports, and any other holes liquid might be in. Make sure to clean any liquid you see on your keyboard, shake it around and try to get some out of the fan exhausts. After that, leave it open and upside down (like a tent with the screen and keyboard facing down) for a day. That should get rid of most residual moisture. After that, just pray it turns on.

Never seen a laptop with soldered screws. What is that laptop's model?

If youre out of warranty, i'm pretty sure that breaking some plastics to completely disassemble it and do a alcohol bath or contact clean everything cant hurt more than leaving it as is and killing it 2 days after.

1 minute ago, Cattaneo said:

Never seen a laptop with soldered screws. What is that laptop's model?

If youre out of warranty, i'm pretty sure that breaking some plastics to completely disassemble it and do a alcohol bath or contact clean everything cant hurt more than leaving it as is and killing it 2 days after.

From what I saw, no videos at all in regards to my model, nor does MSI actually contain documentation either.

MSI gp60 leopard-1053

Also: Battery is safe, it barely missed it.