Let's find out just how much power a media server consumes!

On 5.7.2017 at 3:05 PM, Mikensan said:

Sorry about those electricity costs, but that low energy use is really impressive. Hopefully prices get lower as Germany switches away from nuclear (thinking staff required for a nuclear plant vs renewable source upkeep). Really need to rethink how I use energy lol.

prices in Germany are actually sky high due to turning away from nuclear, we had a solid plan to phase out nuclear i think it was by 2030 or something but when the fukushima catastrophe happened the government decided to do something quickly to calm people down here and changed the plans to earlier shut downs.

now we pay about 5.5 cents per kWh for the renewable energy act which in the end is subsidies for renewable energy and this goes on top of the normal taxes and rates.

Wholesale price for a kWh here is actually below 3 cents sometimes even less cause when there is low demand its cheaper to give energy away for free than to shut down a powerplant.

our prices are heavily inflated but since people still can afford it nothing is being done against it.

which is not a bad thing per se, it makes everyone think about what they use the energy for, we dont have a clothes dryer for example cause why should i spend money on something the sun does for free?