Being paranoid on PSU power switch

Memorizer

Greetings! :)

So for the past week since I acquired my PC, I have a habit of switching off the PSU switch (Redundant!) after I  turn off my PC. Afterwards, after I plug in the PC and monitor (I don't have an AVR UPS yet)  I switch on the PSU. 

Here's my question: Does it matter if I keep the switch on after turning off the PC? Or should I keep my habit to prolong my PC's life? I really don't know the answer.

Thank you in advance. Any responses are very much appreciated. :)

It doesn't make any noticeable difference to the PC's lifespan.

Keeping it on will, however, allow you to use the USB ports for charging while the PC is off, and to turn the PC on with keyboard input etc.

4 minutes ago, Memorizer said:

Greetings! :)

So for the past week since I acquired my PC, I have a habit of switching off the PSU switch (Redundant!) after I  turn off my PC. Afterwards, after I plug in the PC and monitor (I don't have an AVR UPS yet)  I switch on the PSU. 

Here's my question: Does it matter if I keep the switch on after turning off the PC? Or should I keep my habit to prolong my PC's life? I really don't know the answer.

Thank you in advance. Any responses are very much appreciated. :)

The main problem will be wear on the BIOS battery, and as for prolonging its life a good surge+overload protector will go further as the switch on the majority of PSU aren't designed for frequent use.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

11 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Keeping it on will, however, allow you to use the USB ports for charging while the PC is off, and to turn the PC on with keyboard input etc.

Conclusion, keep the switch on?

10 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

The main problem will be wear on the BIOS battery, and as for prolonging its life a good surge+overload protector will go further as the switch on the majority of PSU aren't designed for frequent use.

12 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Thanks for your input! Will keep in mind.