CPU problem with Folding

so i have had my pc a couple of weeks and thought that i might as well use my pc for good and i have decided i am going to start F@H.

Obviously i am a complete n00b at this and dont even know where to start (i have downloaded to software though) such as joining the LTT folding group and which set up is best for me.

My Rig

AMD FX-8350 ( no over-clock yet will be doing one in the future)

ASUS DCU2 R9-280x (no over-clock yet but hoping to get one soon)

Gigabyte 990FXA UD3 

250gb Samsung evo SSD

1tb Segate Barracuda

120mm Cooler Master seidon AIO water cooler

8gb 1600mhz ram

Fractal Design R4 

Edit : my gpu is up and running and folding but next to my CPU it just says ready but its isnt doing any thing ??

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

its says my gpu is folding but not my cpu ? 

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

its says my gpu is folding but not cpu.

you should have a big slider with light medium and so on, just push the slider to full and your gpu should start folding, if not it will be waiting for your pc to go into idle before the gpu starts folding.

you should have a big slider with light medium and so on, just push the slider to full and your gpu should start folding, if not it will be waiting for your pc to go into idle before the gpu starts folding.

my gpu is folding fine its my cpu that isnt folding ???

my gpu is folding fine its my cpu that isnt folding ???

well then that's unusual, i read it the other way around ,sorry :P, could you post a screenshot?, you are sure you haven't clicked on pause or anything like that?

well then that's unusual, i read it the other way around, could you post a screenshot?, you are sure you haven't clicked on pause or anything like that?

here you go 

post-25263-0-34985800-1385293909_thumb.p

try to wait a couple of hours, it might sort itself out, it can take some time to download and set everything up, if it's stuck at download this could be a number of issues, but because your gpu is folding i guess we can rule out most of them, as you have connected and recieved 1 wu atleast, try to have a look at the tab that says "log" to the right of status and system info in your client, scroll up and see if you can find any errors or the like that belongs to the cpu slot, worst case scanerio you can delete a wu and start over but you want to avoid that if possible.

if you find any errors or anything misfit in the log you could try posting that here so that someone can have a look at it.

also if the status changes you could try right clicking on the top cpu slot were is says ready and press "start", if by any chance it's paused, it really shouldn't be though because then status should have said "paused, waiting for idle" or just "paused"

btw that is some nice ppd you are getting :)

Yes, if you can, post your log. Click on the box that narrows down the log output to just the slot of your CPU, and we can see if that is giving any clues.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99