Bitcoin Mining/Rig

After the soar of the prices of Bitcoins is mining them still profitable?

If so what would be a good rig to start off with to have good performance for the price? 

CPU:fx-6100 3.3ghz    GPU: 7950 Case: NZXT Original Phantom RAM:12gb MB: M5A97

If i was you I would just use the budget you would have on a mining rig and buy some bitcoins and then wait a year and see what price their are. 

I don't know a ton about this subject, but from what I've read, GPUs are way better than CPUs, so get something that is as powerful as you can, that stays in your budget, but make sure it doesn't use power that is more than your output in bitcoins.

Unless you have a ton and a ton of gpu's runing its going to take you a long time to make 1 bitcoin and the amount of power and cooling required is really high. Seriously dude just buy some bitcoins and wait a while to they go up in value again.. they probaly would.

I would recommend you mine litecoins as opposed to bitcoins, as you can still make money there depending on your hardware.

Main rig: Coursair Air 540, Amd 8120(stock clock, had it up to 4.6), Gigabyte 990 fx ud3,  MSI DCU2 r9 280x, seasonic 1000w platinum, Samsung 830 64 GB ssd, Seagate 1tb, 4 GB (2x2) G.Skill, 

Secondary: Define r4, Amd A10 5800k(4.6), 1x Sapphire 7950, MSI FM2-A85xa, 8 GB coursair vengeance ram, Seasonic 1250w Gold, 500GB 840 Evo, 223GB 2.5 Hdd, 80 Gb Seasonic, Samsung CD/dvd

i would suggest having a look at the  boinc/folding/mining section of the forum for more details, you should find some good reading over there and a bunch of useful links if you want to do some reasearch about it.

I don't know a ton about this subject, but from what I've read, GPUs are way better than CPUs, so get something that is as powerful as you can, that stays in your budget, but make sure it doesn't use power that is more than your output in bitcoins.

well your cpu may have 4 cores while your gpu might have a thousand, the cpu is good at doing more delicate bulk operations while the gpu basicly just pukes out hundreds or thousands of calculations at once, as fast as possible, so gpu can vastly outperform a cpu in some tasks, if properly optimized.

and it just so happens that mining mainly boils down to just puking out  crude number crunching.

Take a look at this thread. It has an example of a decent mining rig with suggestions by others.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/79636-does-this-look-like-a-good-mining-rig/

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Is it just me or is the LTT forum exploding with BTC/LTC threads lateley? xD  @RuecanOnRails

This means it is already too late! :D

DiffusionOfInnovation.png

Against what RuecanOnRails says, i say we are already in the early majority part. Everyone is coming up with Bitcoin, lol. :D

who cares...