ISO?

SquirtleSquad444

I have virtualbox on windows 10 and have some vms. But I want windows xp, vista, and 7 vms. But idk if any of the isos that come up are safe to download. Can you guys provide any methods or links for me? Thanks!

As far as I know, Microsoft (or anyone else) doesn't officially offer Windows XP or Vista ISOs to the public. Windows 7 can be obtained from Microsoft but you need a product key first (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7)

Otherwise you're going to have to take a gamble somewhere else.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

As far as I know, Microsoft (or anyone else) doesn't officially offer Windows XP or Vista ISOs to the public. Windows 7 can be obtained from Microsoft but you need a product key first (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7)

yeah i don't have a product key :(

you can get 7 from Microsofts servers (easiest way is a program called Windows Iso Downloader, but to be legal you NEED a key to use it past 30 days, Vista and XP are long gone from legitimate LEGAL methods of obtaining clean iso's, not to say they aren't out there, but they probably aren't in the forms we are allowed to discuss per site rules, REMEMBER discussing cracked software and where to get it is against forum rules.

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

you can get 7 from Microsofts servers (easiest way is a program called Windows Iso Downloader, but to be legal you NEED a key to use it past 30 days, Vista and XP are long gone from legitimate LEGAL methods of obtaining clean iso's, not to say they aren't out there, but they probably aren't in the forms we are allowed to discuss per site rules, REMEMBER discussing cracked software and where to get it is against forum rules.

ok, looking for a legit method. if i get the dvd disk of the os, will it work through virtualbox?

2 minutes ago, SquirtleSquad444 said:

ok, looking for a legit method. if i get the dvd disk of the os, will it work through virtualbox?

You can turn a DVD into an iso yourself :)

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

You can turn a DVD into an iso yourself :)

how?

Just now, SquirtleSquad444 said:

how?

There are plenty of programs to do this, like IMGBurn, but be careful installing free software, if you just click next without closely reading it, you'll install a bunch of viruses.

Also, for even older windows versions (and other stuff) visit https://winworldpc.com

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

There are plenty of programs to do this, like IMGBurn, but be careful installing free software, if you just click next without closely reading it, you'll install a bunch of viruses.

Also, for even older windows versions (and other stuff) visit https://winworldpc.com

can you name a couple of safe programs?

5 minutes ago, SquirtleSquad444 said:

can you name a couple of safe programs?

Imgburn is probably your safest bet. It's a super useful piece of software.

If you use Nero, PowerDVD, or any other CD burning tool it should be able to create ISO's as well. An ISO is just a disk copied to a file instead of another CD.

Just now, Sniperfox47 said:

If you use Nero, PowerDVD, or any other CD burning tool it should be able to create ISO's as well. An ISO is just a disk copied to a file instead of another CD.

thanks

5 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

Mmmm I'm always careful installing software but I think imgburn trashed my laptop's instal, of windows 10 with an unkillable virus

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Mmmm I'm always careful installing software but I think imgburn trashed my laptop's instal, of windows 10 with an unkillable virus

Did you get it from their official mirrors? I've installed it on every machine I've ever had except my latest one (no disk drive) and nothing would have snuck in recently since it hasn't been updated since 2013.

The low level disk driver it uses is a little bit sketchy, but it's optional and as far as I've been able to find it's not malicious in the first place.

4 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

-removed

4 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

Vista and XP are long gone from legitimate LEGAL methods of obtaining clean iso's, not to say they aren't out there

-removed

3 hours ago, SquirtleSquad444 said:

where

There used to be a way where you could skip the live chat support, but they pretty much "fixed" it. 

3 hours ago, SquirtleSquad444 said:

how?

DaemonTools Lite is also another method. 

1 minute ago, NCIX Lampy said:

Do not post false information like that. Holy shit. 

Holy Shit don't make 4 separate posts in a row, use the MULTI-Quote feature and if you are going to say someone posts "false information" then EXPLAIN how it's false because I for one have not seen a method for legally obtaining them.

3 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You said there is a way. Now you say there used to be a way.

Make up your mind.

Read it carefully.