The Optimal Monitor for Xbox One X?

Ty_Cox

With Xbox One X just around the corner, I'm trying to find a good gaming monitor to support the system. I'm currently looking at Samsung's UE590 Series (https://www.google.com/shopping/product/15188304791295989221/specs?q=u28e590d&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS720US720&oq=u28e590d&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j69i59j0l3.3727j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjZwrDe0szUAhVBw4MKHcE9AR0QuC8IpAE)

For the price, this is pretty amazing, and for someone who plays both competitive FPS games and casual games it works.

However, I don't want to be limiting the system no matter the cost. Is there a better option out there? Can we increase the visual quality and keep the response time at 1ms?

6 minutes ago, Ty_Cox said:

With Xbox One X just around the corner, I'm trying to find a good gaming monitor to support the system. I'm currently looking at Samsung's UE590 Series (https://www.google.com/shopping/product/15188304791295989221/specs?q=u28e590d&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS720US720&oq=u28e590d&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j69i59j0l3.3727j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjZwrDe0szUAhVBw4MKHcE9AR0QuC8IpAE)

For the price, this is pretty amazing, and for someone who plays both competitive FPS games and casual games it works.

However, I don't want to be limiting the system no matter the cost. Is there a better option out there? Can we increase the visual quality and keep the response time at 1ms?

3 minutes ago, openthatchest said:

use a tv. that's what they're meant for. 

besides, a little response time can't hurt.

4 minutes ago, openthatchest said:

use a tv. that's what they're meant for. 

Unfortunately the latency and response time of TVs will not suffice for competitive gaming.

Just now, Ty_Cox said:

Unfortunately the latency and response time of TVs will not suffice for competitive gaming.

think about it this way: what is everybody else using? will this give me an advantage? what am I sacrificing? and why am I not getting a pc?

Just now, openthatchest said:

think about it this way: what is everybody else using? will this give me an advantage? what am I sacrificing? and why am I not getting a pc?

I'd appreciate it if we don't make this a PC master race conversation.

3 minutes ago, Ty_Cox said:

I'd appreciate it if we don't make this a PC master race conversation.

We'll do our best.... ;) And that monitor does look awesome, BTW. Should be great, especially if you're getting into competitive gaming. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

That's about the best you're going to get for $400. Beware, Samsung va panels around that generation had some ghosting issues but don't worry about it too much

• 1 month later...

As of right now the best monitor will the the lg 27UD68. It will cover all of your bases except 1, which is HDR. The monitor you found, I do not think will work well with xbox one x. I just looked at the link, not the actual spec sheet, but it seems that it does not have hdmi 2.0+ to get 60hz(60fps). As far as competitive is concerned, the lg 27UD68 will be perfect, however if you want a monitor to get the full use out of the xbox one, you need to wait. The LG32UD99 will come out soon, however it's HDR is not optimal due to peak brightness being 550nits not 1000nits. The perfect monitor for the xbox one will have 4k with a good rec2020, dvi and rgb color range, 5ms response time with less than 7ms input lag, hdmi2.0/2.1, freesync(not gsync-this is a waste of money for xbox one), HDR10 with 1000+nits max brightness with an avg between 350-450nits, the panel isnt a huge issue if you are looking straight on, but IPS will be the best. You want 27-34" monitor. If you are used to a 20-24" monitor now, I'd recommend 27/28. If you are used to a 27"+, Do not go smaller. I hope this helps. I know it is exciting to look now, but there will be better options closer to november.

I will say this, sometimes with competitive gaming the smaller monitor is better so your eyes don't have to look at a large area. Which ASUS has a good 24" 4k gaming monitor on an IPS display. But, you will lose out on the 4k experience, the display will still look hella good, but 4k is not meant to be on 24" screen.

Hey check out a tv called the TCL p607 or the TCL p605. The P605 u can only get at Best Buy and the P607 you can only get through Amazon. The only difference between the two, is that the Amazon model has built in audio jack into the remote and a remote finder as well I believe, but it costs 50 bucks more. Last I checked, one was 600 bucks and the other was 650 for 55 inch models. Btw if you're concerned about response time for tvs, those two models have the lowest response time out of any tv our currently which comes in at 15ms, which is pretty damn close to monitors and its a 55 inch tv! Here's a very honest review of it and the price on it. http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/p-series-2017-p607 It really is an amazing tv for gaming.