Should I reverse the fan direction on my C-type cooler?

Gerr

I have a new mATX case, a Silverstone SG11B.  This case mounts the PSU on the top with air pulled into the PSU from inside the case rather than outside.  There is about 10mm between the bottom of the PSU where it pulls air in and the be quiet! Shadow Rock LP cooler I am using.  The PSU is offset so it only covers about half of the 120mm fan on top of the CPU cooler.  The PSU pulls air into it, so that airflow is going up.  The CPU cooler is pulling air down, so in the opposite direction.  I was wondering if this could cause airflow issues and might it be a better idea to reverse the flow of air on the CPU cooler to "pull" instead of "push" so the direction of the airflow goes directly into the PSU?

Not doing any overclocking on the CPU, it's just an i5-7500 on an H170 mobo and an FSP 450W PSU.  The only thing that would generate any heat is the Asus Strix 1060 OC GPU that I have heavily overclocked, but it rarely even gets into the low 70's staying in the mid-60's most of the time.  I have a 120mm intake fan with two 80mm exhaust fans by the GPU.

The PSU pulls airflow into itself making the airflow go down and if you switch it to push you would just push hot air to the PSU

Its fine. You'd get worse temps on CPU by switching fan direction.

21 hours ago, Trekt Nation said:

The PSU pulls airflow into itself making the airflow go down and if you switch it to push you would just push hot air to the PSU

Honestly wouldn't be big issue unless CPU would be under heavy load and heavy OC.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

i was about to ask this question too. i saw from here that reversing the fans on a downdraft cooler can reduce cpu and motherboard temperatures, but every other source says otherwise

900x900px-LL-12a55282_PancakeCoolerdownv

20 hours ago, verytiny said:

i was about to ask this question too. i saw from here that reversing the fans on a downdraft cooler can reduce cpu and motherboard temperatures, but every other source says otherwise

Reversing might work with open-air test bench situation where there's enough air moving around. But inside the case fans are only things moving air. Reversing fan on cooler like that would require powerful intake fans to provide cool air to underside of CPU. Plus there's GPU being hot right next to it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv