iPad Air and Apple stuff in general.

kuzimins

Hello! As I have bought a new iPad Air (not for me), i thought i should share my thoughts on it. Also many other things to tell you and ask your opinion.

This is my first review and i will try my best to do it right. 

So, the iPad. It's not for me, but for my dad, who isn't very "techy" or follows all the latest tech news like most of us do. He needed just a simple tablet to show his clients some pictures (yeah, just for that).

He has an iPhone 4s, so ios isn't anything new for him. If he wanted to learn something new, i would get him nexus 10 for sure. But he doesn't.

The device comes in a beautiful white box, and it takes up most of it. Nothing too fancy included, and for that price a pair of ear buds should be in there, but they aren't. Just some apple stickers for apple peasants. The device is very light, looks very good in silver, (or shall i call it "space gray"??) and is very thin. Too thin, actually. Hard to hold it and feels like it's gonna slip out. It has a volume button to mute the speakers, which i find useless on an tablet. On iPhone, yeah, why not. But useless here. The USB connector is very small and i think it works in every way you plug it in, which is awesome. Much better than the old connector. The physical home button is not something i like. Touch button would be nicer, or even 3 buttons like on Android devices. They make using the device much easier and faster. But it's a thing you can get used to, so nothing too bad there. 

Now the screen. It gets dirty very easily, even when i have clean and dry hands. You can see the fingerprints as black spots when watching at the screen, but they wipe off easily. This doesn't happen on our older Asus tablet. The screen has a weird resolution, but i like it. Aspect ratio is very nice when browsing net, not so good for movies. Screen feels much smaller than i thought it would be, but that's just because of the small bezels on sides. Now you can actually hold the device in one hand, but it isn't too comfortable. 

iOs. The thing i hate and love the most about Apple devices. The main menu icons are too small and too spread out. There are 20 apps in one screen, when there could easily be 50. Settings menu feels unorganized and even lags a bit. Safari browser is good, loads sites very fast, even faster than my PC (cries)... The device responds very fast, almost no lag. It has some manybit cpu inside, but who cares. App Store is decent, i think Google Play is better. Most of the good apps aren't free, when they are in Android. 

iTunes. Now this is the biggest piece of s#it about Apple stuff. There's just not enough safety they think. Every app i open, i should log in. Every setting i should log in. Every app i should download, log in. log in... log in.. That is stupid. And the iTunes app on PC isn't great either. Lags, has a lot of bugs, sometimes doesn't sync. I couldn't even get a movie in that thing today. Took me 4h to convert it in some Apple format, and then it refuses to sync. Of course they just want me to buy movies, but for 17 euros? No thanks. A 6gb movie on my 16gb (or should i call it 12 gb) ipad.. 

Overall this thing has it's good sides and bad sides. Costs a lot, for example. Here in Latvia, it's like 650$ for the cheapest version. 

For my dad, all the negative things doesn't matter, and that's why it's great for him. 

Now about some other stuff. There has been a lot of rage about Apple and how their stuff sucks. Yes, is does, but just for us, "techy" people. The other 99% world population loves their devices, and Apple makes stuff just for them. So please, stop this rage now.

This is all i could think for now, thank you for reading. Took me a long time to write :D

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

It has a volume button to mute the speakers, which i find useless on an tablet.

It has volume buttons to turn up/down the volume, which definetly is usefull also on a tablet and an extra switch, which functionalty can be altered in the settings! Most people in know use it for rotation lock.

Took me 4h to convert it in some Apple format, and then it refuses to sync. Of course they just want me to buy movies, but for 17 euros? No thanks. A 6gb movie on my 16gb (or should i call it 12 gb) ipad..

Just download handbrake.fr, choose the ipad presetting and boom transfer it to your ipad. Or install a 3rd party movie player which support the format ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I wouldn't hate Apple as much if most of their users werent ignorant assholes

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Now the screen. It gets dirty very easily, even when i have clean and dry hands. You can see the fingerprints as black spots when watching at the screen, but they wipe off easily.

Wash your hands.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Wash your hands.

even with clean hands it does that :D

Apple products doesn't suck for techy people.

Of course it doesn't, i just thought Apple stuff is more of a noob friendly that techy friendly :D I'm sorry i can't say what i mean, English isn't my main language.  

IMHO the amount of icons on the screen (20 + 6 in the bar) is perfectly fine.

What I don't like is, that only 9 items are shown on one screen in folders.

Same, the folders in iOS7 are stupid.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

iOs. App Store is decent, i think Google Play is better. Most of the good apps aren't free, when they are in Android. 

iTunes. Now this is the biggest piece of s#it about Apple stuff. There's just not enough safety they think. Every app i open, i should log in. Every setting i should log in. Every app i should download, log in. log in... log in.. That is stupid.

This is all i could think for now, thank you for reading. Took me a long time to write :D

Me personally I love that Apple has all those locks in the store, the reason being when my younger sister got any android device she'll just download apps, apps, and of course apps. So having these locks will keep my sister from downloading all these useless apps she just uses for a day then gives up on.

Also the apples store's apps are way better than most android apps. But most of the times the apps on android are free when they cost a dollar on iOS (I have found a couple of them) but I do feel that iOS is better than android in most of its aspects.

But besides that nice review and I guess unboxing

cpu:i5-4670k | Ram: 16gb | Case:Nzxt phantom 520 | Psu: corsair tx850 gold

mobo: Asus hero | Gpu: evga 780 | Storage: seagate 2tb/smamsung evo 240gb

Sound: Corsair 2100 / Mouse: Corsair m65 mouse / Keyboard: Corsair k70 / Display Vizio 23inch hdtv (changing soon)

Me personally I love that Apple has all those locks in the store, the reason being when my younger sister got any android device she'll just download apps, apps, and of course apps. So having these locks will keep my sister from downloading all these useless apps she just uses for a day then gives up on.

Also the apples store's apps are way better than most android apps. But most of the times the apps on android are free when they cost a dollar on iOS (I have found a couple of them) but I do feel that iOS is better than android in most of its aspects.

But besides that nice review and I guess unboxing

Thanks for your opinion!