AMD Opteron 6276 Delid

I have two dead Opteron 6276 laying around that were recently replaced with two 6172's as twin 16 cores lead to some system instability with my board of choice.  So i had been looking around on the internet about how delid and seeing if it is worth it as i have a 7600k that is surprisingly warm even compared to my old fx-8320.  So that got me thinking about these huge Socket G34 Operons, quick google search and in images, i could not find a single slide from AMD on the bare die of this particular cpu family let alone anyone who has taken off the IHS which is soldered on, never could find any information on that either.  After finding out that i could not fit a razor blade between the glue on the IHS and PCB i took it to a vise to get a blade in.  After cutting all around and knowing i was all the way in, i had to use a lighter to undo the soldering and boom the IHS  just pretty much slid off.  One of the little transistors or whatever those are around the silicon did break off, but its all fine since it was dead.  For my first Delid i guess it went well? let me know what you guys think.

20170619_133257[1].jpg

20170619_133223[1].jpg

2 minutes ago, Tibbles said:

I'm planning an Opteron 6348 build, that'll maybe become a reality in like 2 years. It's mostly just for fun and to satisfy my fascination with large cpu's. Although I'll probably end up using it as a server or for mining/folding :P https://pcpartpicker.com/list/v6v77h

all i use mine for is pretty much just doing some folding, and i'm not sure what else i could use it for really.  I impulse bought a FirePro v5900 just to make it a real workstation and to not use the really bad Matrox integrated graphics.