USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 questions and help please..

DarthVader1022

Hello everyone.

I have always just used USB 2.0 Thumb drives,so I like to know is there any real benefit on buying or using USB 3.0 Thumb Drives? I also have another issue and hope some one here can help me with one of my USB Thumb drive which is a 8gb  Cruzer Glide,the issue I am having is for some odd reason it is locked up meaning it says it is wright protected,I have been using this same drive for quiet sometime and then one day I could not use it because it says write protected,I have watch lots of videos on how to get it to work and not one of these methods worked for me..Is there any other methods I could try or should throw out the drive and just go ahead and by a new 8gb USB Thumb drive.? My next question is what size should I go with for a USB Thumb drive,I would like to have a couple thumb drives to install Windows 10 from and to transfer other bigger files,

USB 3 USB is much faster at sequential. Go buy a 32/64/128gb USB. Unless for small files.. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

On 6/17/2017 at 4:56 PM, themctipers said:

USB 3 USB is much faster at sequential. Go buy a 32/64/128gb USB. Unless for small files.. 

I want to say Thank You for your helping me make a choice on telling me to go with the USB 3.0 .At this time I do not think I need anything bigger then 16gb and maybe a couple 8gb,The 8gb I would only need to have it to install Windows 10 from and the 16gb would be use to move media files from one of my other PC's..

Do you think I should stay with a brand name 3.0 USB thumb drive or do think any generic 3.0 USB Thumb drive will be ok..?

I been looking on ebay to see what I can find for both 8gb and 16gb 3.0 USB Thumb drives,I am also trying to buy something with in the USA or Canada,I like to get them with a reasonable time frame and not something that takes a month to get so this is why I like to buy from the USA or Canada because I know it would only take a couple days or a week to get them..

1 hour ago, DarthVader1022 said:

I want to say Thank You for your helping me make a choice on telling me to go with the USB 3.0 .At this time I do not think I need anything bigger then 16gb and maybe a couple 8gb,The 8gb I would only need to have it to install Windows 10 from and the 16gb would be use to move media files from one of my other PC's..

Do you think I should stay with a brand name 3.0 USB thumb drive or do think any generic 3.0 USB Thumb drive will be ok..?

I been looking on ebay to see what I can find for both 8gb and 16gb 3.0 USB Thumb drives,I am also trying to buy something with in the USA or Canada,I like to get them with a reasonable time frame and not something that takes a month to get so this is why I like to buy from the USA or Canada because I know it would only take a couple days or a week to get them..

DONT BUY USB FROM EBAY!!

lots of scams. I've heard Lexar is shit but I've been using Lexar and it's pretty good. If you want reliability then don't go Lexar lol

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

10 minutes ago, themctipers said:

DONT BUY USB FROM EBAY!!

lots of scams. I've heard Lexar is shit but I've been using Lexar and it's pretty good. If you want reliability then don't go Lexar lol

Ok Thank You.