Custom watercooling loop

Go to solution Solved by Ghost,

I already have some EK Coolstream XTX's, the drawing was just a basic routing to show what I was planning not exactly how I was going to do the tubing.

What do you think is the best way to do it then? Using a Y-split at each end?

You can buy a manifold.

So I have this idea for a watercooling loop I'm doing, I wanna try and run to resevoirs in parallel in a single loop.

Basicly what I want to know is if this is even possible to do, and if there might be some big drawbacks to doing it?

This is how I imagine setting it up atm:

CK1OJkd.jpg

I think you're forgetting that the inlet and outlet of a radiator is on the same side, which would require hiding a few tube runs. And I'm guessing the two reservoirs are just for looks?

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

What case do you plan to build in? with most cases the PSU would be in the way of the bottom rad.

Why the 2 res's? one will do just fine.

Also do you know any rads that have the fitting-setup you need? I don't.

EDIT: generally before planning anything like this you should find a case BEFORE planning more indepth.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

It will require a bigger pump, along with more coolant and will be more hassle with everything from building to bleeding the system but if you want to do it then go for it.

you will not get better/worse temps but your pump might have problems.

I suggest testing it before making it final.

I think you're forgetting that the inlet and outlet of a radiator is on the same side, which would require hiding a few tube runs. And I'm guessing the two reservoirs are just for looks?

What this guy says. doing it that way would need lots of tubing, the inlet/outlets are on the same side. Also T junctions means your pump will need to work harder. so really dont.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I know, I just couldn't be bothered with drawing tubing all the way, was more focused on getting my idea for the resevoirs right.

What case do you plan to build in? with most cases the PSU would be in the way of the bottom rad.

Why the 2 res's? one will do just fine.

Also do you know any rads that have the fitting-setup you need? I don't.

EDIT: generally before planning anything like this you should find a case BEFORE planning more indepth.

I got a Corsair Obsidian 900D, and I just want the 2 resevoirs for looks mostly.

It will require a bigger pump, along with more coolant and will be more hassle with everything from building to bleeding the system but if you want to do it then go for it.

you will not get better/worse temps but your pump might have problems.

I suggest testing it before making it final.

I don't mind getting another pump or more hassle for that mather.

I don't mind getting another pump or more hassle for that matter.

Well then, one D5 or similar pumps will be enough anyway.

Have you watched this video?

They manage to fill the case up good, might have some important info for you ;)

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

I have seen that video before, but I still wanna try and make two resevoirs work in there.

This is basicly what I wann try and do:

HSAGwFo.jpg

And then have something like this at either end: 

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10385/ex-tub-630/Bitspower_G14_Matte_Black_Y_Block_-_BP-MBYB.html?tl=c499s639b145

or

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10382/ex-tub-622/Bitspower_G14_Matte_Black_T_Adapter_BP-MBTMB.html?tl=c499s745b145

Is this going to be able to work?

I know XSPC make a radiator called the crossflow i believe which has an inlet on 1 end and the outlet on the opposite side, judging by the diagram might be the way to go for the top radiator

Yes, it will work, it's pointless but it will work.

To clarify what @WaavinHicks said; What you are looking for to make the inlet and outlet on opposite sides of a rad is a crossflow rad. This is not an XSPC brand of radiaot but rather a type of radiotr called "crossflow" that XSPC happens to produce along with other companies.

I wouldn't reommend using it because of lower perfromance compared to similar sized normal radiators. There is also no need to use a crossflow rad in your build. Look at other 900D loops for an "optimal" 900D loop.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

To clarify what @WaavinHicks said; What you are looking for to make the inlet and outlet on opposite sides of a rad is a crossflow rad. This is not an XSPC brand of radiaot but rather a type of radiotr called "crossflow" that XSPC happens to produce along with other companies.

I wouldn't reommend using it because of lower perfromance compared to similar sized normal radiators. There is also no need to use a crossflow rad in your build. Look at other 900D loops for an "optimal" 900D loop.

I had no idea if they were good bad or indifferent, just remember seeing one whilst looking for a radiator and figured it may have been an option B)

I already have some EK Coolstream XTX's, the drawing was just a basic routing to show what I was planning not exactly how I was going to do the tubing.

You can buy a manifold.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Ok, I'll look into those then, thanks for the help. :)