Need Help Building New PC

Guile

Hello, I have never built a computer before and I have some questions regarding what parts I should be choosing. I have looked at reviews and videos online of what parts I should be getting but I would like to get an opinion from this community. I also have no idea how or where to start so some tips with the actual building process would be appreciated.

The parts I have picked out are:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Asus PRIME B350-PLUS

GeIL Evo Potenza 16gb ram

ADATA Premier Pro SP920 256gb SSD

Seagate Barracuda 2tb HDD

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 6gb

Cooler Master MasterCase 5

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W 80+ Gold power supply

Parts list link: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/jpbxqk

I am not too attached to these parts and am willing to change if the price and performance are better.

I would like help in knowing if these parts are good for a cheap PC build that would be able to run most new titles on mid to high settings in 1080p. 

Your parts list look pretty good.  The only change I personally would make would be a cheaper motherboard.  For most people, you don't need the most expensive motherboard.  Unless you plan on doing SLI or Crossfire, I would get something like the ASRock - A320M-DGS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard.

3 minutes ago, newgeneral10 said:

Your parts list look pretty good.  The only change I personally would make would be a cheaper motherboard.  For most people, you don't need the most expensive motherboard.  Unless you plan on doing SLI or Crossfire, I would get something like the ASRock - A320M-DGS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard.

Yes, and use the saved money to find ddr4-3000mHz RAM. Ryzen CPU performs better with higher speed RAM. However, A320 is not capable of overclocking iirc. So if OC is sth you wanna do, stick with B350 chipset.

9 minutes ago, Guile said:

GeIL Evo Potenza 16gb ram

check asus's site for ram compatibility, fast ram is important to ryzen https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B350-PLUS/HelpDesk_QVL/

4 minutes ago, newgeneral10 said:

b350 or x370 chipset required to OC x370 is really just for sli/crossfire, OP is doing good

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

this build is good for it's price.  You can play most of today's games on ultra and some most demanding on high, and after few years you might upgrade gpu and keep enjoying good graphics with high framerates.

Just now, Cyracus said:

b350 or x370 chipset required to OC x370 is really just for sli/crossfire, OP is doing good

Totally forgot about that, you're right

And tips to building, test everything outside the case so if something goes wrong your careful cable management won't need to be redone.

Thank you all for the help. Greatly appreciated.