Linus/Intel Youtube ad

So, I'd love to know if im in the wrong, but I was fine with most everything Linus did as far as staying neutral between companies. However, there is now a YouTube ad where Linus speaks about why gamers and enthusiasts watch his content, plastered in front of Intel branding and adverts, and for me this crosses a line.  I have no doubt that Linus will remain unbiased, but it raises a sense of uneasiness for me.  I know Linus had talked about his partnership with his companies before, and how they should expect even-handedness and criticism if they make a shit product, but this ad to me comes off as Intel trying to buy up word of mouth with a tech-review company, and its comes off as truly biased.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

23 minutes ago, GauntletV2 said:

So, I'd love to know if im in the wrong, but I was fine with most everything Linus did as far as staying neutral between companies. However, there is now a YouTube ad where Linus speaks about why gamers and enthusiasts watch his content, plastered in front of Intel branding and adverts, and for me this crosses a line.  I have no doubt that Linus will remain unbiased, but it raises a sense of uneasiness for me.  I know Linus had talked about his partnership with his companies before, and how they should expect even-handedness and criticism if they make a shit product, but this ad to me comes off as Intel trying to buy up word of mouth with a tech-review company, and its comes off as truly biased.

on the heals of Linus BLASTING intelover X299 and associated CPUs... you've got to be kidding me...

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

24 minutes ago, GauntletV2 said:

Well it's not a good idea to badmouth a company that sponsors you and have a think, Intel has been ahead of AMD for a long time so he's not going to suddenly switch because of Ryzen. Not sure which ad you're talking about but his recent video regarding the i9 doesn't favour Intel at all.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

I hate those ads, because they don't even say anything positive about intel. LTT is totally neutral, and then there's an intel logo at the end.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

56 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

on the heals of Linus BLASTING intelover X299 and associated CPUs... you've got to be kidding me...

Like I said, I dont doubt his ability to stay neutral, but maybe its more-so a sly move by intel. Idk, it just comes off the wrong way to me

58 minutes ago, vong said:

Well it's not a good idea to badmouth a company that sponsors you and have a think, Intel has been ahead of AMD for a long time so he's not going to suddenly switch because of Ryzen. Not sure which ad you're talking about but his recent video regarding the i9 doesn't favour Intel at all.

The way I saw it was more of a move by intel.  AMD is finally competative again, and really the main selling point of the i5/i7 is their 7-10% benefit in games, which is a key word used in the ad.  Its true intel sat on ass and the x299 looks rushed (as pointed out by linus), but this looks like a move by intel to save face.  And because Linus has endorsed them so much in the past (because AMD just wasn't competitive) it looks like intel is trying to use linus' platform for a quick brand-saving move in the meantime.  I'd rather he just not do that ad, as it comes off a bit rough, but like I said, I trust him to be neutral

2 minutes ago, GauntletV2 said:

The way I saw it was more of a move by intel.  AMD is finally competative again, and really the main selling point of the i5/i7 is their 7-10% benefit in games, which is a key word used in the ad.  Its true intel sat on ass and the x299 looks rushed (as pointed out by linus), but this looks like a move by intel to save face.  And because Linus has endorsed them so much in the past (because AMD just wasn't competitive) it looks like intel is trying to use linus' platform for a quick brand-saving move in the meantime.  I'd rather he just not do that ad, as it comes off a bit rough, but like I said, I trust him to be neutral

You can't blame Intel for wanting to be the top of the market and when you get a load of free and heavily discounted products then you tend to turn a blind eye to it even though Intel had no competition for years.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Just now, vong said:

when you get a load of free and heavily discounted products then you tend to turn a blind eye to it

I would like to think Linus has more integrity than that.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Can someone link the vid? (YouTube Red)

Breaking things 1 day at a time

Well, intel offered him 6 processors of his choice for him to upgrade his editing rigs. OFC he accepted, and he got the best ones. The 6950x is the best consumer CPU there is now, PERIOD. If he can get it for free, he is right to do it.

Even if it was not the best: 

Did ppl complain when seagate gave him 99999Tb of free storage? No, people did not care, because it is a no brainer. Even if he could get a better server and waste tons of dollars, it is smartet to get it for free and do a sponsored video about it.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

14 minutes ago, Taja said:

Well, intel offered him 6 processors of his choice for him to upgrade his editing rigs. OFC he accepted, and he got the best ones. The 6950x is the best consumer CPU there is now, PERIOD. If he can get it for free, he is right to do it.

Even if it was not the best: 

Did ppl complain when seagate gave him 99999Tb of free storage? No, people did not care, because it is a no brainer. Even if he could get a better server and waste tons of dollars, it is smartet to get it for free and do a sponsored video about it.

certainly got seagate put back on the radar.

System specs: