Need help choosing a new monitor

Yaushibee

Hello! 

I'm looking into getting a new monitor but I'm not sure which I should go with. My price range is under $200 but I'm willing to go over that if I can find the right monitor. My current Acer is very old now and doesn't have the best color reproduction. I need a monitor that is great for digital art and as well as gaming, and has a DVI input. My GPU is an Nvidia GTX 750 so it can't go too crazy with the resolution. What would be your guys recommendations? I was thinking of going with an Acer H236HL, mainly for its IPS Display, but am unsure.

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, Vespertine said:

Response time is a poorly defined metric that is now used as a catchphrase for TN monitors. 1ms or 7ms, I doubt you'll be able to notice the difference. The LG 23MP57HQ is an IPS and looks like the best monitor in that price range considering that OP was fine with spending a little more.

But I do agree that OP should get a better GPU.

Thanks for the recommendations. 

To match the capabilities of an improved GPU, which monitors would you recommend while still keeping within the same general price range and specs as before?

I was planning on waiting to get a new GPU until the end of this year but I might consider getting one sooner if need be. Sorry it's off topic, but would the GTX 1050 pair well with an Intel i5-4460 or should I spend a bit more to go with something with more power? My current configuration was my first build so I went pretty basic with it tbh and I'm still quite a novice to all of this, so any help is greatly appreciated. :)

12 hours ago, Yaushibee said:

Thanks for the recommendations. 

To match the capabilities of an improved GPU, which monitors would you recommend while still keeping within the same general price range and specs as before?

I was planning on waiting to get a new GPU until the end of this year but I might consider getting one sooner if need be. Sorry it's off topic, but would the GTX 1050 pair well with an Intel i5-4460 or should I spend a bit more to go with something with more power? My current configuration was my first build so I went pretty basic with it tbh and I'm still quite a novice to all of this, so any help is greatly appreciated. :)

GTX 1050 will do you fine, but getting the Ti version would be a better choice or even going to an RX 470/570 for demanding games like PUBG.

Any 1080p monitor will do you fine, IPS and other features are a bonus. You don't need anything above 60Hz.

3 hours ago, Vespertine said:

GTX 1050 will do you fine, but getting the Ti version would be a better choice or even going to an RX 470/570 for demanding games like PUBG.

Any 1080p monitor will do you fine, IPS and other features are a bonus. You don't need anything above 60Hz.

Alright, thank you for your assistance! I'll probably go with the Acer H236HL, since I still like it most after comparing it to other monitors, and then upgrade my GPU to the GTX 1050 Ti sometime in the next month or two (I know the 750 will handle my needs just fine in the meanwhile).