Monitor "Out Of Range" ASUS VC239H

scooterandy11
Go to solution Solved by Syncrosys,

I've seen this before. There's a fix for Payday 2, and may very well be similar for Farm Sim.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/8/540743213065113720/

Cheers!

So my ASUS VC239H monitor has been doing this for about half a year now and it has just affected me to the point where I am running out of solutions to fix this issue. Whenever I launch farming sim 15 or Payday2 it says "Out of range" IT IS NOT! I literally was playing payday2 5 mins ago! I switched from fullscreen to windowed by accident and so it changed it back, now it won't show anything but "out of range". I can't launch farming sim 15 anymore because the same issue happened to that game. Is there anything I can do???!!

Out of range usually means, at least in my experience, that you're using an unsupported resolution.  The monitor doesn't support whatever resolution or signal is being output by the video card.  Might have to reset video options in your games.

Just now, PineyCreek said:

Out of range usually means, at least in my experience, that you're using an unsupported resolution.  The monitor doesn't support whatever resolution or signal is being output by the video card.  Might have to reset video options in your games.

Dude it was fine 5 mins ago. I cant even see my game let alone reset the options

55 minutes ago, scooterandy11 said:

Dude it was fine 5 mins ago. I cant even see my game let alone reset the options

Tried the auto adjust button on the monitor?  If not, then since it only happens on a couple of games, and otherwise is fine, it's the video card output.  The resolution is being changed by those games' settings.  If you can't edit the settings via a separate configuration tool, or a text file config if the game has something like that, then reinstall it.

9 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Tried the auto adjust button on the monitor?  If not, then since it only happens on a couple of games, and otherwise is fine, it's the video card output.  The resolution is being changed by those games' settings.  If you can't edit the settings via a separate configuration tool, or a text file config if the game has something like that, then reinstall it.

Reinstalling the games is basically not an option. It would take me 3 days of leaving my laptop on and me not using my internet to be able to re install then. What I don't get is that farming sim was set to 720p and payday2 to 800x600 :/

I've seen this before. There's a fix for Payday 2, and may very well be similar for Farm Sim.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/8/540743213065113720/

Cheers!

||Intel i7-7770k | MSi Z270 Carbon Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | Corsair 400C & RM750 PSU + H100i||

||Creative SB Recon 3D Fatal1ty | Samsung Evo 850 500GB | Seagate 2TB | Lots of red LED fans |Corsair K70 Black | Razer Deathadder Chroma|| 

||Dell 27" U2713HM | ASUS VP239H | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Win 10 Pro | Portable gaming made possible with MSI GT70 2OC and a bag to dump in||

~~Assembled with love and care~~