Watercooling Suggestions/Help

My PC (spec below) has always been fine temp wise till i got my 4k monitor, before hand i was running an ultrawide.

My GPUs are now reaching up to 87C (non hot weather) while playing Overwatch at 4k (CPU is fine)

If one of my 1080s pop that's £400, so i was thinking of doing a watercooling loop.

I'm a novice at watercooling, seen many videos on it but never built one myself, but i would feel confident building one.

Questions i have is:

1) If i were to go down the watercooling route, i will need a new case as this one only just has enough space for what's inside it atm. So anyone recommend a good case (what shows everything off inside obviously :D)

2) Are EK waterblocks the best? I did the configuration on their website came back at around £760 to cool both GPUs and CPU

and 3) is there anything i need to know, i will more than likely go for hard tubing if i do (went to college awhile back to be an electrician, bending metal bars etc, plastic is easy) 

Edit: Forgot to put spec in....

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x OC 4GHz
Corsair H100i v2 Cooler
32GB Corsair Dominator 2666Mhz
Gigabyte AORUS AX370-K7
GTX1080 x2 SLI
Corsair RM850i PSU
Samsung 850 Pro 256Gb + 4TB Disks
NZXT H440

7 minutes ago, Ninro said:

-snip-

i presume you have reference 1080;s in that case 87c is fine for that cooler

ekwb are one of the best currently, watercolling is NOT cheap

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

What the hell brand of GPU are you running that your hitting 87C? I don't think any of my GPUs have ever hit 87C. Either your running a very dodgy brand, or there's an issue there. Maybe your fan curves are far too low?

As for watercooling, it takes heavy planning. You need to do thourough research and really decide if it's for you - to be honest, most people go the watercooling route because:
They are enthusiatis, and love showcasing and making their build look nice.
They heavily overclock everything they have.

If your watercooling just because your GPU's are hitting 87C in mild weather, it might even just be worth using the money to get an EVGA or ASUS 1080Ti, I highly doubt a 1080ti will sweat at all playing Overwatch at 4k or even 8k.

As for your questions:

1) There's TONS. NZXT have stuff like the H440, Corsair have probally the most like the 900D, 750D, Thermaltake have some, Phanteks have stuff like the Enthoo Evolv and Enthoo Primo, there's loads. Note watercooling cases, especially those that show off builds are usually double the price of most other high end cases for normal cooling.

2) Generally EK are thought of as the most reputable brand in watercooling, but there are alot of other blocks that are great. Even  Thermaltake make decent blocks. Don't go EK everything - they make great blocks but you could be better of with Bitspower fittings for example.
3) ALOT. You need to know the order to build the loop, the parts to buy, how to flush and maintain the loop, how to test the loop to find leaks etc. Watercooling is difficult and you need to alot of research. I reccomend watching all of Jayztwocents watercooling videos, he's probally the best watercooling techtuber.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

Yes sorry, they are both reference 1080s, when i brought the first one i didn't care for temps as i wasn't gaming at 4k and they didn't reach that high,

Now on the other hand.... way to hot! won't be buying reference ones again in a hurry

Good point on the 1080ti, i could sell both the cards and get an EVGA 1080ti (even though the vanity in my likes looking at the two founders in my case!)

Saying that another 1080ti so i have 2 will be cheaper than watercooling

7 minutes ago, Ninro said:

Good point on the 1080ti, i could sell both the cards and get an EVGA 1080ti (even though the vanity in my likes looking at the two founders in my case!)

Saying that another 1080ti so i have 2 will be cheaper than watercooling

Exactly. If you really want to showcase your build and you are a heavy enthusiast, watercooling is certainly an option. However, for your purposes I think a 1080ti will suit you far better. SLI is an option too, but I think SLI is dying and will become more garbage over the years. I think one 1080Ti will suit you fine, and save you alot of money over SLI or watercooling. Just make sure to buy a good 1080Ti, I hear the EVGA FTW3 is absolutley fantastic.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

2 minutes ago, Armakar said:

Exactly. If you really want to showcase your build and you are a heavy enthusiast, watercooling is certainly an option. However, for your purposes I think a 1080ti will suit you far better. SLI is an option too, but I think SLI is dying and will become more garbage over the years. I think one 1080Ti will suit you fine, and save you alot of money over SLI or watercooling. Just make sure to buy a good 1080Ti, I hear the EVGA FTW3 is absolutley fantastic.

Thanks for the help, will look into what i can get 1080ti wise, i agree on the SLI, it's not as good as i thought it was going to be!