MSI GS63VR or Razer Blade?

12 hours ago, Pittman90 said:

Is it really that much better than even good thermal compound like IC diamond or arctic silver

if you apply it correctly. if you fuck it up it's gg for your laptop and no warranty because it's a deliberate fuck up on your part.

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

I had the same decision to make, but I also had Alienware 15 R3 and the Aero 15. 
I went with Alienware because it was on sale on the Windows Store and I was getting it really, really cheap. Based on my research, steer clear of both MSi and the Blade. Aero 15 is amazing, and the same price. Get it from Gentech with the liquid metal repaste offer. If you want cheaper, Clevo P950 is a good laptop but the battery suffers. 

not sure about the aero 15 but my choice was influence by battery life. Razor blade is a poor choice even with the one linus recommends as its so much more expensive. For much less i got the alienware with gtx 1070 and the graphics amplifier and 99whr battery so i have loads of battery life. So even if razor blade didnt have quality issues the price is horrendous especially if you are in the UK.

MSI laptops are good, just the battery life sucks but the price is good. clevo is a good laptop but does not have thunderbolt. The only clevo with dedicated GPU and thunderbolt is the desktop portable which is basically desktop components in laptop form and terrible battery life, the rest i checked didnt have thunderbolt except for ones without dedicated GPU. However if not having thunderbolt is something you're ok with than clevo laptops are quite good for the price and battery life isnt too bad, definitely better than MSI.

I like the weight of the alienware, when it comes down to it the build quality and weight make for whacking someone better than the competitors.