I7 vs I5

Basically this is how it all began, my friend used to have an FX-8350 and has recently upgraded to an I5 6500 i own an I7 3770 and since the moment he get his I5 he is being a salty bitch everyday single day of my life telling me his is i5 is better than mine even during work and when we go out together, i want to end this once and for all is his little salty bitchass's i5 better than my I7? i know this might seem like a weird post but the amount of time he keeps making fun is unreal.

Feel free to quote me if you want an answer

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

I fly the Boeing 737-800 for Turkish Airlines

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

CPU: Intel I7 3770 @ 3.4 Ghz

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo                                                                  

GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 550 Aero ITX 1gb (amazing gpu btw)   
RAM: 2x4 Mismatched Ram Sticks                                                          

Motherboard: Pegatron 2AD5                                                                  

HDD: 1TB WD BLUE                                                                               

Case: HP 7500 Series MT Case                                                            

PSUCooler Master 500W Elite                                                              

Workstation:

CPU: i7 5960x @4.3Ghz

CPU Cooler: Kraken X62                                                                                                                 

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 1G

RAM: Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz

Mobo: Asus X99- Deluxe

HDD: WD Blue 4TB 5200RPM

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Case: Corsair 750D 

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

I think you need new friends.

Tell him to look at frame times, the minimums on the i5 are atrocious in comparison.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

just run cinebench . 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Simple put his is better at gaming and yours is better at everything else.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

just run cinebench . 

I did that with him which i destroyed him in but he always goes like "But cpu.userbenchmark.com says my CPU is better and even CPUBoss says its better" 

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

I did that with him which i destroyed him in but he always goes like "But cpu.userbenchmark.com says my CPU is better and even CPUBoss says its better" 

if he considers cpuboss as a legitimate source for benchmarks , then there is no saving him.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

if he considers cpuboss as a legitimate source for benchmarks , then there is no saving him.

Well sadly he does

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, Arcanekitten said:

Simple put his is better at gaming and yours is better at everything else.

He simply goes like this "But gaming is the most important thing"

Specs

Workstation:

15 minutes ago, weed said:

Basically this is how it all began, my friend used to have an FX-8350 and has recently upgraded to an I5 6500 i own an I7 3770 and since the moment he get his I5 he is being a salty bitch everyday single day of my life telling me his is i5 is better than mine even during work and when we go out together, i want to end this once and for all is his little salty bitchass's i5 better than my I7? i know this might seem like a weird post but the amount of time he keeps making fun is unreal.

Please kill that guy. I regret buying i5 6600k. Get i7 3rd or 4th gen.

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

The answer is yes and no, so have fun
depends on the task, if it's single threaded or up to quad threaded, the i5 will win, but as soon the programme can use more than 4 threads the i7 will. So yes and no, if you do CAD, rendering or other multi threaded load then you have the  better CPU, but if it's just gaming then it really depends on the game but in many cases he is right. Now all you need to do is get either a R5 1600 or a R7 1700 and overclock them to 4GHz and you will win all the arguments against him as they are beasts when overclocked

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-3770-vs-Intel-Core-i5-6500/1979vs3513

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

3 minutes ago, weed said:

Using your computational power to assist with finding a cure for cancer is much more important that gaming.

Gaming is just selfish entertainment and only benefits the individual, unless you are streaming to a large number of fans who benefit from that entertainment.

How well does his CPU perform with encoding for game streaming while gaming?

2 minutes ago, weed said:

Okay. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1646?vs=551&_ga=2.172461409.358606387.1497047656-922270881.1495216688

That benchmark is trustworthy. The 6600 is 100Mhz faster and same for 3770k so they are comparable. They both trade blows in Gaming with the more CPU bound games taking advantage of the extra HT threads. The 3770 absolutely fucks the 6500 at anything else. Also in DX12 the 3770 will win as they use cores more effectively than DX11 which all games use today but the coming years devs will switch.

You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

Using your computational power to assist with finding a cure for cancer is much more important that gaming.

Gaming is just selfish entertainment and only benefits the individual, unless you are streaming to a large number of fans who benefit from that entertainment.

Yeah that will make him stfu.

1 minute ago, CUDA_Cores said:

sounds like your friend is trying to declare a dick lengh contest. 

If any of your friends at any point say "I am better than you at xyz" and they brag about it constantly, get new friends. These people aren't worth it.

depends if they do it in a jokey way, like when I take the piss out of one of my friends cause they fall over walking up stairs that's acceptable but otherwise yes that is good advice

And more, several more

Just now, domandric034 said:

Please kill that guy. I regret buying i5 6600k. Get i7 3rd or 4th gen.

Problem is this has spread to everything before i used to defeat him in everything except GPU and i didnt brag about it, since then he has gotten a B350 mobo and a 650W PSU and 32GB RAM 

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

Problem is this has spread to everything before i used to defeat him in everything except GPU and i didnt brag about it, since then he has gotten a B350 mobo and a 650W PSU and 32GB RAM 

Can he return ?

b350 board ?! Thats Ryzen m8

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

Someone needs to give you a cookie

Specs

Workstation:

Can he return ?

b350 board ?! Thats Ryzen m8

shit i mean b150

Specs

Workstation:

2 minutes ago, weed said:

shit i mean b150

Get i7 6700. Idk does b150 supports 6700K.

Still can he refund ?

13 minutes ago, weed said:

Well sadly he does

Just slap him in face and tell him that he is a idiot. Tell him a source named : Youtube.com/LinusTechTips

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

If it was a joke, any good friend would have moved on by now.

Jokes aren't meant to be beaten to death, they are meant to be told to get a laugh right then and there. By OPs description, this doesn't sound like a joke. 

For me, I don't care what you use. In fact, if you use a Pentium 133 CPU from 1995, I will congratulate you. Because unlike everyone else, you resisted the message of consumerism every year to buy a new computer when you really didn't need one. You have continued using the same machine for that long and you haven't added anything new to the landfill. Good job for saving your money ad the environment. 

I anit got a Pentium 133, but I do have both pentium and core 2 duo Q6600s (cause intel naming scheme is great lets call two different CPUs the same thing) and I use them as well as old single core pentiums (out of old servers) which used to be top of the line

And more, several more

3 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

If it was a joke, any good friend would have moved on by now.

Jokes aren't meant to be beaten to death, they are meant to be told to get a laugh right then and there. By OPs description, this doesn't sound like a joke. 

As for the joke yea you can't beat it to death, a quite small ribbings fine but you canny beat the person with the ribs till they are a mushy pulp

Yes I forgot to add that to the previous message whoops

And more, several more

Get i7 6700. Idk he b150 supports 6700K.

Still can he refund ?

Just slap him in face and tell him that he is a idiot. Tell him a source named : Youtube.com/LinusTechTips

he watches him alot but i dont think Linus has ever reviewed an i7 3770 or an i5 6500

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

he watches him alot but i dont think Linus has ever reviewed an i7 3770 or an i5 6500

I ask one more time can he refund god fucking board and ram ?

I ask one more time can he refund god fucking board and ram ?

Yep

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

Yep

Then do that. I'll post later what you can get.