2nd new graphics card broken

this is the 2º time i buy a graphics card and my pc and it doesnt work well on my pc ,or either crashing or showing artifacts .....

I bought a asus strix rx480 last month and it show all those problems ,,ok maybe it was defected from factory but.....this month i got an asus srtrix rx580 and it has the same problems ...so thats why i wonder if its a motherboard problem

"Asus maximus hero VIII"

have you guys ever had that problem?

Do you have another unmentioned graphics card you can put into the slot? Have you tried another slot?

Also, why the weird title? If that's supposed to be a zero, 20 is 1, whereas you had two bad experiences. 21 is 2.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Had this problem when I changed to my 1070

I reformatted and now its fine

Btw reinstalling drivers didn't helped my (did it from ddu)

9 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Do you have another unmentioned graphics card you can put into the slot? Have you tried another slot?

Also, why the weird title? If that's supposed to be a zero, 20 is 1, whereas you had two bad experiences. 21 is 2.

pretty sure he meant 2nd lol

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

Yeah try what the other guy suggested.

Fresh windows install

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

7 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

2° is shorthand in scientific writing for "secondary", doesn't really fit in this context though.

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

2° is shorthand in scientific writing for "secondary", doesn't really fit in this context though.

It's also Spanish apparently, which would make sense as I do not know much in that area.

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.feb25186f38e05ce6c6d75fb248aee40.PNG

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

12 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

IM sorry i meant second "second graphics card" .

2 minutes ago, MilfShake said:

Yeah try what the other guy suggested.

Fresh windows install

already did it ,didnt work :(

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

It's also Spanish apparently, which would make sense as I do not know much in that area.

Reveal hidden contents

exactly we use that way in portugal, i forgot that 

Do you have another PC you can try the card on? 

5 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

6 minutes ago, MilfShake said:

pretty sure he meant 2nd lol

4 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Reveal hidden contents

ok i changed the title ffs can we discuss the problem now?

unfortunately no ,i tryed my old card "gtx 760" and it as fine 

Yeah the chance of you getting 2 defective cards in a row is real low.

Idk about Portugal, but here in Canada you can exchange a product for a new one instantly as many times as you want in 30 days if you have a defective unit. What is the policy is Portugal?

If I bought a defective card, then I just drive back to the store and they give me a new one, takes 15 minutes.

But I applause you for staying with AMD :D although it will be hard for you to get/exchange a rx 580 now since it's out of stock everywhere

Just now, MilfShake said:

Yeah the chance of you getting 2 defective cards in a row is real low.

Idk about Portugal, but here in Canada you can exchange a product for a new one instantly as many times as you want in 30 days if you have a defective unit. What is the policy is Portugal?

If I bought a defective card, then I just drive back to the store and they give me a new one, takes 15 minutes.

its the same policy i can return it and get the money back or get a new one ,i got like a month to do that

its as simple as if it was on canada but i bought the card on a spanish online store it will take 2 days but no problem

2 minutes ago, Psimoes said:

its the same policy i can return it and get the money back or get a new one ,i got like a month to do that

its as simple as if it was on canada but i bought the card on a spanish online store it will take 2 days but no problem

Do they still have 580 in stock there? with all the currency mining crazyness?

You may have to switch to 1060 6GB, all depends on if your monitor has freesync or not

Just now, MilfShake said:

Do they still have 580 in stock there? with all the currency mining crazyness?

You may have to switch to 1060 6GB, all depends on if your monitor has freesync or not

yes they still got it on stock,i dont feel very good switching to the 1060 ,i think the 1060 is a bit overprice for the perfomance ,might get the cheapest 1070 

Here another error while playing battlefield 1 and etc

bf1_rx580.png

its driving me crazy