MacBook Pro with added storage ideas

So I'm looking to get the new MacBook Pro 13 inch with 256gb ssd and knowing that I would need more storage I wanted to ask those who have a laptop whag do they do for storage when editing photos. I currently use lightroom and have a desktop for my editing but think a laptop will suit my needs better. I have heard some use an external for all their storage needs and save their lightroom catalog on the external drive as well and just have two identical externals where one is a clone of the other. A NAS is not practical for me to just seeing what people thing is an ideal solution or one that they use and has worked for them.

I have my complete Lr catalog on a external drive. (That I backup after every new shoot). Lr is such a slow program that I have not noticed any speed differences between having it on an internal SSD drive vs my external USB3 HDD. And my catalog is like 15000 photos so far. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

That's great to hear. I always see deals on 4TB external drives so that's perfect.

On 2017-06-10 at 1:32 AM, thekillergazebo said:

That's great to hear. I always see deals on 4TB external drives so that's perfect.

I'm not sure if I would get such a large one. I'd rather get two 1TB ones and then mirror those two. Having one as a backup. Maybe even having a third backup in a safe place. I have found that you will fit like 30K images (RAW) + Lr library + .psd's + some stock on a 1TB drive if you have around 20MP images. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"