GTX1080 only getting 50fps in league

allnamestaken

i get on average 50-60fps in league with dips to 30 and 20s , the gpu usage is always at around 5%, ive tried everything been said online (max perfromance in nvidia control panel, DSR etc.), pls help, thanks.

sounds like its running on igpu rather than dgpu. what port is your screen plugged into, the cards output or the motherboards output? whats cpu usage like? have you tried disabling the igpu in bios?

4 minutes ago, tlink said:

sounds like its running on igpu rather than dgpu. what port is your screen plugged into, the cards output or the motherboards output? whats cpu usage like? have you tried disabling the igpu in bios?

A modern iGPU would handle League of Legends better than 50FPS and the usage wouldn't be at 5%.

What are your clock speeds when gaming? Maybe the card never bumps the clock speeds under load in LoL for some reason, thus low performance?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

8 minutes ago, tlink said:

nah it is definetly plugged into the 1080. 

3 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

A modern iGPU would handle League of Legends better than 50FPS and the usage wouldn't be at 5%.

What are your clock speeds when gaming? Maybe the card never bumps the clock speeds under load in LoL for some reason, thus low performance?

the core clock hovers at around 1937, while the memory clock is on 5355mhz, the temps r only at around 50 degrees too.

Im having a similar problem with my 1070 where GPU usage is very low and fps are lower tan they should, though i get an average of 140 rather tan 60. Do you have the framecap or V-Sync activated? LOL V-sync is the worse out of all, where the fps drop bellow it proportionally, i mean if you are getting 140 and it drops to 100 with V-sync on you get a proportional drop bellow 60, at least that is what i've had. :/

does the issue occur with other games as well?

1 minute ago, dragonber1 said:

Im having a similar problem with my 1070 where GPU usage is very low and fps are lower tan they should, though i get an average of 140 rather tan 60. Do you have the framecap or V-Sync activated? LOL V-sync is the worse out of all, where the fps drop bellow it proportionally, i mean if you are getting 140 and it drops to 100 with V-sync on you get a proportional drop bellow 60, at least that is what i've had. :/

nah i dont have vsync on in game or in the control panel, neither do i cap my fps.. the only thing i can see wrong right now is my incredibly low gpu usage.

Just now, allnamestaken said:

the core clock hovers at around 1937, while the memory clock is on 5355mhz, the temps r only at around 50 degrees too.

Then I guess it might be driver-related. Have you tried using DDU (Display driver uninstaller) and installing the latest Nvidia drivers again?

Remember not to use V-Sync in LoL because it causes input lag and there's a delay because of that, which you cannot afford in a competitive online game :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, Tiwaz said:

does the issue occur with other games as well?

i ran 3dmark timespy and i got a score of 6035, which is pretty good, and i was able to hit 90+% gpu usage in the benchmark too, in all the other heavy games the gpu does fine.

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Then I guess it might be driver-related. Have you tried using DDU (Display driver uninstaller) and installing the latest Nvidia drivers again?

Remember not to use V-Sync in LoL because it causes input lag and there's a delay because of that, which you cannot afford in a competitive online game :P

havent tried ddu yet, ill go use that now. 

This might sound dumb, but have you tried reinstalling LOL?

1 minute ago, allnamestaken said:

i ran 3dmark timespy and i got a score of 6035, which is pretty good, and i was able to hit 90+% gpu usage in the benchmark too, in all the other heavy games the gpu does fine.

probably an issue with just this game

9 minutes ago, dragonber1 said:

This might sound dumb, but have you tried reinstalling LOL?

umm i have not tried that yet... but i would like to avoid that as it most likely wont solve the problem.. and it takes so long to reinstall as my internet is extremely slow.

9 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

probably an issue with just this game

:( so no way to solve the problem rn?

50 minutes ago, allnamestaken said:

:( so no way to solve the problem rn?

If you tried updating drivers and it didn't help. Try to re-install the game

Q: How many prolog programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Yes.

32 minutes ago, MathiasVN said:

If you tried updating drivers and it didn't help. Try to re-install the game

yea reinstall the game and delete any other left files of the game before u install it again

5 hours ago, allnamestaken said:

I dont think that score is normal thou, i mean, I just run Timespy and I get 5900 with a gtx1070. I've looked arround and i've seen non overclocked scores with at least a 1000 point diference, so maybe it is the drivers rather tan LOL. It could also be some kind of overheating or bad instalation.