Kindle Fire to monitor PC hardware...

TahoeDust

For years I used the on-screen display built into MSI Afterburner to monitor my Hardware and FPS. I never really found the OSD too distracting and only a few times did it get in the way. A few weeks ago, I snagged an EVGA 1080 ti FTW3. Unfortunately due to the unique cooling system MSI Afterburner is unable to control the fans correctly and EVGA Precision X is needed. While Precision X is not my favorite, it works well enough for the little overclocking I do. The biggest downside is that the Precision X OSD is garbage. This lead me to explore other options. After trying a few other OSD, all less than ideal, I came across a thread on the AIDA64 forum about using an Android device to display sensor values via USB. It uses an Android app called Odospace. I have a Kindle Fire HD that gets very little use, so I figured I would give it a try. Although the setting up the display layout was quite cumbersome, I am really happy with the result.

9goFYwn.jpg

aJNYg2K.png

4FgPFUY.jpg

Here is information on how to set this up if anyone is interested: https://forums.aida64.com/topic/2776-display-pc-sensor-values-on-android-device-connected-via-usb-odospace-remote-panel/

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

looks nice but i don't see anyone that's a regular gamer have any use for this.

but it might be awesome for people who review hardware, hm.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

sick dude. I know there is MSI Afterburner app on Android but never used it and i thi k it is used to overclock only, not to display info

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

looks nice but i don't see anyone that's a regular gamer have any use for this.

but it might be awesome for people who review hardware, hm.

I like to know what is going on with my hardware while I am gaming...especially GPU and CPU use and temps.  It is interesting seeing how different games use different resources.  I definitely like monitoring FPS.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

This is a very very good idea! (Yes, i'm gonna steal it and use it xD)

Q: How many prolog programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Yes.

• 5 months later...

Updated now with MOAR cores...7820x and 1080ti doing some mining...

9Ofs9VN.jpg