thermal grizzly vs liquid pro

has anyone on this forum used both thermal grizzly and liquid pro on their cpu or gpu? apparently the conductonaut is better than both liquid pro and ultra but i cant find any evidence, im changing cases and will need some new paste for my delidded i7.

1 minute ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Toothpaste <3 

Grizzly is great 

xD

ive been using pro and my temps have dropped 15-20c, i wonder if i can get it even lower xD.

Just now, MrJarhead said:

xD

ive been using pro and my temps have dropped 15-20c, i wonder if i can get it even lower xD.

Bloody hell, I only got between 3-5*c 

you must have been using toothpaste 

Just now, GeorgeKellow said:

Bloody hell, I only got between 3-5*c 

you must have been using toothpaste 

i delidded my cpu :P

Just now, GeorgeKellow said:

you must carry your balls in a wheelbarrow, I could never do that to my 4790k 

you dont even know half the story bro, i broke an i7 4790 non k trying to delid, this time around i cut my fingers to bits.

you dont even know half the story bro, i broke an i7 4790 non k trying to delid, this time around i cut my fingers to bits.

Covered by warranty ;) 

1 minute ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Covered by warranty ;) 

really??? i never knew -_- fml.

3 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

No its not, sarcasm <3 ;) 

8 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

No its not, sarcasm <3 ;) 

triggered level 1000

33 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

Believe it or not, if you reseal the lid and RMA it, Intel will send you a new one.  Not that I'm endorsing the practice.  

It sounds like you are delidding by hand instead of using a delidding tool?  If so, why?

Conductonaut is better in quality, but CLU is a little easier to apply.  There's a point with diminishing returns on temps with any liquid metal and both Conductonaut and CLU exceed that point greatly so both will perform the same as far as you should be concerned.  Between the two, I like Conductonaut, but either is fine.  

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Believe it or not, if you reseal the lid and RMA it, Intel will send you a new one.  Not that I'm endorsing the practice.  

It sounds like you are delidding by hand instead of using a delidding tool?  If so, why?

Conductonaut is better in quality, but CLU is a little easier to apply.  There's a point with diminishing returns on temps with any liquid metal and both Conductonaut and CLU exceed that point greatly so both will perform the same as far as you should be concerned.  Between the two, I like Conductonaut, but either is fine.  

the reason my 4790 died was i dropped it by accident and one of the gold contacts underneath came off.

also i didnt have the delid tool and its like £25, it will be an investment for the future though.

i went with thermal grizzly btw, it was on £1 more.

the reason my 4790 died was i dropped it by accident and one of the gold contacts underneath came off.

You need to talk to @jjohnthedon1.  He has a very similar story and was successful in pulling off some things.  I'd suggest you guys back and forth via PM.  

also i didnt have the delid tool and its like £25, it will be an investment for the future though.

Smart move.  Not only will it take less then a minute to do with the tool, but you will also do it safely and easily.  Not to mention that you can use the tool to reseal it.  

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

You need to talk to @jjohnthedon1.  He has a very similar story and was successful in pulling off some things.  I'd suggest you guys back and forth via PM.  

Smart move.  Not only will it take less then a minute to do with the tool, but you will also do it safely and easily.  Not to mention that you can use the tool to reseal it.  

if only i had the money to build a system like yours, if only xD

the uk is a joke for prices.

32 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Yup if u stick the top back on they will rma it 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933