Is the AIO watercooled gtx 1070 worth it?

Thanks to the boom of Ethereum mining the value of my current rx480 has doubled in price so I have decided to sell it. I have made about $50 from mining and the card is going for at least $425 on ebay so I have a pretty good chunk of change to invest in a new(er) gpu. I have seen the evga GTX 1070 HYBRID card going for about $430 brand new and im wondering if its worth it over getting an air cooled gtx 1070. I'm more into silence than super cool temps (even though thats a big plus) but im worried about having the pump fail after a couple years of owning it. Are AIO gpus known to last a long time without failure or should i just save $20-$30 and get an air cooled 1070?

p.s. I know that the 1080 is less than $100 more expensive than the 1070 but I feel like its a bit overkill. I would rather just spend that money on a second monitor or some games when the summer sale starts.

1 minute ago, barisosh said:

$425 on ebay

What the fuck!

In USD?!?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

What the fuck!

In USD?!?

Yea its usd, the prices have blown up on ebay for used amd cards. Polaris cards have doubled in value so thats why I decided to sell.

Just now, barisosh said:

Yea its usd, the prices have blown up on ebay for used amd cards. Polaris cards have doubled in value so thats why I decided to sell.

Holy shit.

Why don't miners buy a GTX 1070 instead.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

yes. it is a good idea. my evga gtx 970 hybrid back in the day was an overclocking king. i got it to 1690 mhz with temps of 55c. it was even faster than a gtx 980 with that oc. the only issue was the vram

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Why don't miners buy a GTX 1070 instead.

The 1070 has the same hash rate as the rx 480 but the 1070 has worse drivers for mining. Plus I think that the 480 is more efficient (per watt) when it is under volted. 

i have a 1070 Hybrid. AIO is kinda worth it for lower temperatures, but didn't improve overclocks much for me 

Just now, Technicolors said:

i have a 1070 Hybrid. AIO is kinda worth it for lower temperatures, but didn't improve overclocks much for me 

Are you worried about the pump failing? That seems to be the weak point of AIO coolers in the long run.

3 minutes ago, barisosh said:

Are you worried about the pump failing? That seems to be the weak point of AIO coolers in the long run.

i did a mod (as in, by a 3rd party cable) to reduce the pump RPM, because at full speed it was too loud. but i hope the pump will last doing that 

Just now, Snaeb said:

My Rx 580 only fetched $330.

I started the bidding at $425 for mine. I had the intent of selling it to completely cover the cost of a 1070 so I wasn't interested in anything lower than that. Luckily someone bid on it. I have also heard that the 580 uses more power when mining so it isn't really worth as much. 

Just now, barisosh said:

I started the bidding at $425 for mine. I had the intent of selling it to completely cover the cost of a 1070 so I wasn't interested in anything lower than that. Luckily someone bid on it. I have also heard that the 580 uses more power when mining so it isn't really worth as much. 

That makes sense that 480s are pulling more.